• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

House wives of New York City

madison avenue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
A house in cobble hill for $800k? Does it come with a time machine to get you back to the 90s?

laugh.gif

The house was not at a key location its way off where its still cheap!

samblau

Reaction score
I lived on Montague St. in BK Heights until last year. I had no idea what a hot area it was, my parents, native NYers as well couldn't understand why anyone would live there and are baffled as to why I live in midtown...and in some ways I see why.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by samblau
I lived on Montague St. in BK Heights until last year. I had no idea what a hot area it was, my parents, native NYers as well couldn't understand why anyone would live there and are baffled as to why I live in midtown...and in some ways I see why.
I'd live in Brooklyn Heights any day over midtown

samblau

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I'd live in Brooklyn Heights any day over midtown

I need to be near LIRR to Great Neck on Port Washington line which bypasses Jamaica and as such is inaccesible from Atlantic Ave in BK. I agree for the most part...I would love to buy a place in BK, dare I venture a guess that something "decent" could be had for $500k?

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by madison avenue
The house was not at a key location its way off where its still cheap!

Way off like in Sunset Park, where brownstones have been close to/topping $1 million? I've lived a couple places in Brooklyn and it would really surprise me if you could get a house in or near Cobble Hill for that kind of price.

dr.no

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I watched the premiere as well only because I saw my old nanny on the commercials (she's the one working for the Dutchess of ???). At any rate, apparently the good Dutchess is a coke head and the Duke has no clue.

dr.no

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
It's Cobble Hill. They claim it's woth 2.2MM on the show.

IIRC, the tag line was that brownstones in BH average for 2.2mm - it was never stated that couple's particular brownstone was worth that much, but it was to be inferred.

madison avenue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dr.no
I watched the premiere as well only because I saw my old nanny on the commercials (she's the one working for the Dutchess of ???). At any rate, apparently the good Dutchess is a coke head and the Duke has no clue.

Never knew we had people so close to such important people on here.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dr.no
IIRC, the tag line was that brownstones in BH average for 2.2mm - it was never stated that couple's particular brownstone was worth that much, but it was to be inferred.

I just watched this show on my Tivo, and it did in fact state that the couple's house was worth $2.2M. In other cases, the text on the screen indicated an average local cost, but this one specifically said that the particular couple's Brooklyn house was $2.2M.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw about 10 minutes of it the other day because my gf wanted to see it. Man, what a bunch of tasteless vile people. At least some of the OC people are funny sometimes. These people are just plain nasty, without any redeeming qualities.

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you think the odds are of these couples (the husband and the wife) each having some strange on the side. Count me in as thinking most of them do.

madison avenue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gumercindo
What do you think the odds are of these couples (the husband and the wife) each having some strange on the side. Count me in as thinking most of them do.

Did you see how the wives were all over the tennis intrsuctor and that was on national tv. Imagine what they do when the cameras are not present......

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
alg_real-housewives.jpg
These women should be taxidermied as is into a Museum of Horrors to frighten small children. The one on the far right is especially frightening, like some kind of white lizard.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads