1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

House of Bespoke Suits?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by af1snaikboi, Aug 9, 2012.

1. af1snaikboi

af1snaikboi Senior member

2. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

Are you going to come back in a few weeks when it all went tits up?

:lurk:

3. JakeL

JakeL New Member

I was planning on buying my MTM suit from Indochino, but the groupon deal looks great for House of Bespoke. There's not as much information available on them, but the reviews I have found have been pretty positive. I think I'm going to go for the deal!

Let me know if anyone here has experience with House of Bespoke and/or can give some advice!

4. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

I'm always suspicious of these things. Online suit companies, with anonymous email or webform contact only, usually with some kind of Groupon thing going on. They seem to turn up every few weeks on SF MC.....Harry Suits, Executive Tailors and now House of Bespoke.

Occasionally the posters/shills promoting them seem to get rather abusive when questioned or people express their doubts about them...

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but by the sounds of it, you have both never purchased a suit from these guys or have any desire to do so. That being said, I'm not sure why you feel the need to comment. To my knowledge, this is an opinion oriented site based on soemone's personal experiences. You seem to have a lot of opinions to speak of; however, all of which are based on ZERO EXPERIENCE! Not sure where someone like you finds the time to write such nonsense, and quite frankly it irritates me to even give you the satisfaction of responding. I felt the need to share my two cents because people like you need to understand that misleading comments, based on uncredited information is unecessary and A WASTE OF EVERYONES TIME! You would be more productive staring at drying paint as far as I'm concerned. " 

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
    2 people like this.
  5. morrison13

morrison13 Well-Known Member

The deal looks good though. I think Indochino had a deal like this in groupon as well a few years ago.

6. Andwhat

Andwhat Member

This Groupon offer is legit and actually amazing for House of Bespoke! I bought one of their $598 and I could not have been happier with the fabric quality and most important the fit.

I have actually done both House Of Bespoke and Indochino. There is a significant difference. I did House of Bespoke first and did the self measure process and was pretty nervous to see how it would come out. (this was a gift from my wife so I had to try it) Surprisingly it went very well. I got the suit and had very few alterations which HOB paid for anyway. All and all it was a great process - I am buying this Groupon deal for sure. (BTW – HOB’s customer services was amazing. They responded to me in mins when I had a questions – I was impressed)

Now Indochino was a HUGE NIGHTWARE. I will never buy from them again!
    My boss heard of a fitting show that Indochino was hold. In our city. You go to this rented revenue and they actually send people to measure you. At first I thought this was great until the person measuring me was basically a pretty face with no brain. (She actually had no idea what she was doing.) At one point I asked the “lead person” to help out because I remember measuring my self for House of Bespoke and what this woman was doing seemed off. I asked her if she worked with Indochino and she said “I am a temp” worker and I am still in college. The lady even wrote down the wrong numbers. So I spent 30 mins re-measuring. I was amazed!

That was bad enough – then I got the suit and the quality was Horrible. I was expecting at least the same leave from the House of Bespoke suit and I was so disappointed. I even went to their facebook page and left a review because I was so angry.

So from my experiences – they are not all the same. House of Bespoke is what I recommend. I hope this helps.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  7. Andwhat

Andwhat Member

"I'm always suspicious of these things. Online suit companies, with anonymous email or webform contact only, usually with some kind of Groupon thing going on. They seem to turn up every few weeks on SF MC.....Harry Suits, Executive Tailors and now House of Bespoke.

Send their customer service and email and see if they responded. I know House of Bespoke has an office in New York and 1 in DC. When I called their customer services was based out of New York.

8. Zauberer

Zauberer Member

$300 MTM at the House of Bespoke. Come on down! We're blowing out all of our bespoke! Thousands of items.....of bespoke. It would make a great commercial, wouldn't it? Super Bowl quality hilarity.

The last time I was on a road trip, I was starving and it was the wee hours of the morning.. I got this egg muffin type thing from a gas station. There was nothing else open for 10,000 miles. The muffin didn't kill me. Actually it wasn't too bad at all. It certainly wasn't Eggs Benedict Florentine. It wasn't even the House of Pancakes - which may or may not share floor space with the House of Bespoke.

9. TheTukker

TheTukker Senior member

Isn't this just a contradictio in terminis?

10. mpershing74

mpershing74 New Member

I ordered one when they were on groupon last time. My first suit actually was too short but I figured out that we measured wrong. I measured right but typed in the wrong number into the website. House of Bespoke handled it though and after getting the measurements right in their system the suit was amazing. I'm not a huge custom suit purchaser so I wouldn't call myself an expert but I definitely like the fabric, the feel, and the fit of the suit and shirt I got from House of Bespoke.

I wore it quite a bit in November and got a lot of compliments. This was nice because I'm not the "fittest" person so I was surprised that it made me look so good given someone didn't come out and measure me.

Anyway, long story short. It turned out great and I plan to order more from House of Bespoke.

11. silkman

silkman Active Member

Great - I'm also in the market for a few $300 bespoke suits.

I would love to hear more opinions from users with postcount of less than 10 of how fantastic they are.

Not.

2 people like this.
  12. mpershing74

mpershing74 New Member

Ha, funny. Very true though. I've posted 3 or 4 times, not sure why it still shows 1. I actually found this forum while researching more tips on fashion. I would call myself someone interesting in learning more and still having a lot to learn about the nuances of what to wear. As far as post count, one day I'll be up there with TheTukker.

13. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Member

i agree with mikedt. so many things can go wrong when buying for suits online, especially when you aren't sure who the company you're dealing with is.

in any case, all the best. do let us know how things turn out eventually.

14. Formant

Formant New Member

I had an unfortunate experience with them. I purchase through groupon, whole process of sending and measuring, plus paid extra for expedite shipping.

Got the suit, and it didn't fit anywhere. The fabric was weak, and the suit looked hurried, at best. The shoulders were different heights, the pants were so tight I couldn't sit, and 3 inches to short ( like capris). I could go on. And yes, my measurements were taken professionally.

I tried contacting them, with no response for 2 weeks. Finally I snitched to groupon. HoB finally responded after 3 weeks. They asked me to pay the remainder of retail price, plus shipping, for a remake; added up, that's the same price I intially paid for the suit.

I wish you better luck than I had, but I found them to be difficult to contact, and dishonest. Never, ever, ever will I order from them again.

15. heldentenor

heldentenor Senior member

I didn't order from them because their customer service is wretched. I asked if they could send fabric swatches and offered to pay both for the samples and the shipping; no dice, and a half-coherent, aloof response. My impression is that their target clients are frat boys who think that Vitale Barberis Canonico is the motto on their house door.

16. GBR

GBR Senior member

Why are people so foolish as to believe that such cheap offers will lead to decent suits. You pay for what you get, in this instance not very much at all.

17. trouble

trouble Member

I used to share an office with the owner of HOB. It is, by the way, a side project when he wants a break from his HR company.

I had this great conversation:
    Owner of HOB: "I also make suits, we take the measurements and have them made in China."
    Me: "Oh, so made to measure?"
    OH: "No, bespoke."
    Me: "That's not what 'bespoke' means."
    OH: "Sure it is. Anyway, let me know if you want one."
    Me: "If I ever want one, I will."

18. Tim80

Tim80 New Member

I bought a suit through House of Bespoke using a Groupon I received as a gift. I was a bit skeptical of buying a suit without trying it on but the process was smooth and the suit fit very well. I took my measurements myself. I will use them again for my next suit.

19. TheTukker

TheTukker Senior member

20. TM79

TM79 Senior member

I was thinking the same but your joke would be way funnier if you hadn't barely cracked 20 posts yourself.