• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hotel washed my Nudies w/o my instruction

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
musicboohoo[1].gif

What are you saying that all Chinese are good at violin???

racisthf5.gif

benchan

Reaction score
you're in china. i don't think they really care about your complaints
Yeah, I am surprised he did not get beat up yet by local thugs hired by the hotel, I guess he lived in some international hotel chain. If that's case, our poster should expect some form of compensation from the hotel. But in any case, I don't think the staff committed any serious gaffe esp if you take their sartorial knowledge into account. I am pretty sure they don't throw a cashmere sweater or a suit into a washing machine.

If that's any consolation, I think some dry nudies are still available in HK Sebiu for under 100USD.

Augusto86

Reaction score
Originally Posted by benchan
Yeah, I am surprised he did not get beat up yet by local thugs hired by the hotel, I guess he lived in some international hotel chain. If that's case, our poster should expect some form of compensation from the hotel. But in any case, I don't think the staff committed any serious gaffe esp if you take their sartorial knowledge into account. I am pretty sure they don't throw a cashmere sweater or a suit into a washing machine.

If that's any consolation, I think some dry nudies are still available in HK Sebiu for under 100USD

Anyone willing to engage in a little arbitrage???
wow.gif

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Well, imagine if you had a nice Sea Island dress shirt that cost you $300, or a cashmere sweater and someone grabbed it (not from the laundry bin) and put it in hot wash and hot dry without asking you. It is now ruined and doesn't fit and probably won't iron out properly ever again.
I know, but those have care labels and it's much more common knowledge that you don't hot dry a cashmere than it is that you don't wash dry denim. I'd be pissed, but I think it's somewhat understandable.

Kewan

Reaction score
Don't worry so much about it man, just wear the **** out of them, they'll still fade fine. My RRDS are at 5 months now and fading very nicely, and their first and only 3 washes were within the first 3 months. They're certainly not ruined...

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every time I see teh word arbitrage I get excited. Ohh how I want a money machine.

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in Suzhou. In one of the better international hotels...crappy customer service right now argh

got angry, yelled at a bunch of them, meeting their big manager tomorrow to negotiate/argue. RAWRRRRRRRRR...

They also want to try to "FIX" the jeans...which prolly means more washing and stretching....hell no!

Augusto86

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dick Danger
Is your name Ivan?

As to the OP, enh.

Ivan?

In soviet Russia, jean wears YOU!

or would it be,

In soviet Russia, jean washes you!

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
washing never ruined anyones jeans... just wear them man...

they are just jeans... they are just jeans... they are just jeans

swooc

Reaction score
I find it kinda funny that you are angry when they were providing you what most people would acknowledge it as good service :p. Don't get me wrong though, i would have been quite angry too assuming what you said was true.

I dont think the jeans are ruined. You will get your combs back, and i dont think that 'one wash' would have removed too much indigo anyway. As for shrinkage, they will strech out, unless theyve become too short lol? You can always try and pull the leg to stretch it out the length.

Dick Danger

Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY ARE RUINED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU MUST LIVE IN A BUBBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeans are like a delicate lace thong, wear them gently, and try not to be too cheeky.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My sympathy-

Slightly off topic but related to hotel service and negotiating tactics in China. My wife and I stayed in a quasi-luxury facility by a beautiful lake in Guang Dong province. The hotel was almost full. The room we were given was fine, but for the fact that there was an immense slash in the window screen and all manner of insect life, including mosquitoes, had moved into the room, attracted by the light, while we were at dinner. We did not discover this until after we returned to dinner. We complained and we immediately moved to another room - what might be thought of as a junior suite.

The next morning upon checking out, the hotel sought to charge us an additional 20%. The reason was that we had upgraded our room. We explained about the invasion of insects and the fact that the room switch was the night staff's remedy. The staff were unpersuaded and argued that the insects were not the hotel's and, having come from outside, were not the hotel's responsibility. The front desk manager stood by mutely.

My wife, a very patient woman, tried reasoning in Cantonese and Mandarin. Finally, I, far less reasonable, asked her to tell them that they had exactly five seconds to decide to take the original room price or nothing. She did. They stood firm. We started to walk to the waiting taxi. The front desk manager approached us before we reached the door and, insisting that we had misunderstood the bill, agreed to accept the original amount.

Since then, all of our disputes regarding service at virtually all establishments in China have resolved quickly with firm, almost obdurate, insistence on exactly the desired outcome. Different appraoches have worked in Western Europe, the US, and Japan.

Morale of story, stand very firm.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads