• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hotel Ritz Shipping Charge....

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So are you, bud. Thanks for contributing.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:bigstar:

What's crazy is that I found a bunch of those visors on eBay, the wimminz must love them. They love conversation pieces (read:things which will allow them to gloat).

I wish yours a speedy and full recovery.

Last edited:

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sent the following last week and got this response:

Mister,

We have well received your email and we thank you for your interest in Ritz Paris products.

We have forwarded you email concerning the country of origin of our sun visors to the relevant department.

We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and your understanding.

We remain at your disposal for any other request at the following number: 00 33 1 43 16 32 22 from Monday to Saturday, from 10am to 6pm or by email: [email protected]

Yours sincerely,

Diéné,
Customer Service
Ritz Paris E-boutique
E-mail: [email protected]

I still haven't received a follow-up to confirm the country of origin. But I guess it is irrelevent at this point...

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The one I saw recently on eBay, and others, are for Ritz-Carlton sun visor and go with the far more common Ritz-Carlton hotels. They just don't have the same cache and mean far less to me (though the chain has some beautiful places, of course). If someone sees one from the Ritz Paris (or London) please post it here. They're much rarer. Thank you.

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If I remember my school geography correctly, Vietnam is a communist country somewhere near China.

Now I wonder where they got the idea for that from?

Lafont wrote..."Visor came from England. I don't know where you got the idea it was made in China but you're wrong."

Last edited:

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The one I saw recently on eBay, and others, are for Ritz-Carlton sun visor and go with the far more common Ritz-Carlton hotels. They just don't have the same cache and mean far less to m (though the chain has some beautiful places, of course). If someone sees one from the Ritz Paris (or London) please post it here. They're much rarer. Ghank you.

It's something you have to live with. We pay a premium for our made in China and Vietnam souvenirs(tat) as well. Mainly because of the logo, the cachet, the prestige and the exclusivity.

Last edited:

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the world of ridiculous international shipping charges. as a Canadian, I'm used to this.

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had corrected myself already in a later post; at the moment I wrote "England" I was thinking of what I had purchased in London rather than what I had purchased in France. I didn't have the original sun visor I purchased right at the Ritz to see the label, so had in my head all the higher-end clothing items I had purchased in London and France which are labled, indeed, as being made in their respective countries of purchase. For example, ties from Kilgour, Liberty of London, and Charvet, a belt from Crombie's, etc.

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
".... Mainly because of the logo, the cachet, the prestige and the exclusivity"....

These are all important to me; you hit it on the nose.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

".... Mainly because of the logo, the cachet, the prestige and the exclusivity"....
These are all important to me; you hit it on the nose.

It's a visor bro!!!

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tee hee... Like "It's just a pocket square".... "It's just a belt".... "It's just a pair of slippers...." "....a keychain..." "....a cap".... "....cufflinks"...." "....a watch strap..." On and on.... Some of us who hang out on a forum like this find these accesories worth putting thought into!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads