• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Hotel Recommendations in London

TheIdler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any ideas for a more romantic, personal hotel in London? I've only stayed in business-type hotels, but this time I'm doing the romantic-weekend thing, so I'd like something more intimate & memorable. Any area is fine, really, and I'm thinking the 150-175 pounds per night range. Thoughts?

Also, while I'm at it, is anybody familiar with the Lake District? Good walks/restaurants/anything to recommend?

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Covent Garden Hotel is sublime, full of character, cosy, romantic...
I managed to stay there through a friend and didn't have to cough up myself so I couldn't say whether or not it falls in your price range. Highly rec. though.

Zebear

Reaction score
A good hotel for this may be the Chesterfield hotel in Mayfair. Very nice, small palace hotel, with a very good service and room (I tried it once with my fiancee when my club was full and we really enjoyed it!)

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Dukes in St James is one of the standard spots. Don't know if they come in your price range.

The Athenaeum on Piccadilly is not a tiny hotel, but has excellent service and a nice location (between Green Park and Shepherd's Market). For a while this year they were charging Americans in dollars instead of pounds.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's