• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hotel near park lane, london 'PLEASE HELP'

ville_e

Reaction score
hey everyone...

this is perhaps a funny question... i'm terrible at finding hotels for cheap prices... i want to stay at a good 4-5 star hotel near park lane from 29 sept to 2 oct for the best price available.Can someone help me find a room..?

it's just me and i need a small room with one bed...

please help! Thanks in advance
tounge.gif

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The Athenaeum is very good, and just around the corner on Piccadilly. Don't know what "best prices" mean to you.

I think there might be other nice places if you go away from the park a block or so-- lower prices, probably a quirkier experience.

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Athenaeum is a great Hotel.
Rack rate is typically £200.00 - 250.00.
Try for a corporate rate.

Further out (15 minute cab ride), is The Hoxton Hotel.
Opened one month ago and they have Introductory rates (& sharper rooms) of around £90.00.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
"Cheap prices" and "Park Lane" are like oil and water. That's the most expensive part of London, with several of the very most expensive hotels. I have gotten decent deals at the Conaught, in the off season, which is not far from there. But I still would not call it "cheap."

Trilby

Reaction score
Manton is right - most of the hotels in that area are extremely expensive.

There is a Holiday Inn just off Piccadilly that I hear has decent rates. That might be the best bet in this part of town.

The Hoxton Hotel is completely on the other side of town, but I've heard good things about it. The neighbourhood is also very different from Mayfair - think Williamsburg, compared to the UES. Also bear in mind that a 15 minute cab ride in London could cost around GBP 15-20 (i.e., $30-40). If you are interested in this, the Zetter is another good choice for a "design hotel" with decent prices - it's also closer to the centre of town than Hoxton.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads