• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hot yoga

petermark23

Reaction score
Yoga can help reduce the effects of stress on your body. Some styles of yoga, such as ashtanga and power yoga, are more vigorous than others. Practicing one of these styles will help you improve muscle tone.A consistent yoga practice decreases blood pressure through better circulation and oxygenation of the body. These two exercises can help lower blood pressure.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just don't sit next to the ******* heater! I did that once.

Bash!

Reaction score
Hot yoga is the best. After hot yoga you're not going to want to do any non heated classes. Love the endorphin rush you feel at the end of class.

Huugo

Reaction score
Didn't tried this. But I did yoga several times. Even Yoga can be very very hard. Like this I can imagine your pain
wink.gif

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OT, but this seems to be the only yoga thread going....

I was thinking of starting doing yoga to improve my form for regular weightlifting. My flexibility and balance both suck. But I don't want to do something that would cut into my lifting or cause me to lose any muscle. If I just did it once a week on my off days, could I get the flexibility and balance benefits without wearing myself out? Is there a style that would be best?

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by munchausen
OT, but this seems to be the only yoga thread going....

I was thinking of starting doing yoga to improve my form for regular weightlifting. My flexibility and balance both suck. But I don't want to do something that would cut into my lifting or cause me to lose any muscle. If I just did it once a week on my off days, could I get the flexibility and balance benefits without wearing myself out? Is there a style that would be best?

I can't tell you what is best, but hot yoga seems to be helping my flexibilty and my balance, and there are other people in the class who are pretty muscular. most of the positions aren't as complex as some that you see in other classes of yoga that I have attended. but it is tiring

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've done yoga on the same days as lifting days, and for the most part it didn't affect the lifting workout. Try it out and see what happens. A couple of bad lifting workouts won't ruin your body.

For alignment and related things, that really depends on your teacher. If your teacher is a stickler for proper body alignment, then you will learn over time what that feels like, and that carries over to other activities (including lifting) in which you are trying to figure out how to place your body correctly.

There are some yoga styles that are said to be very alignment-focused (Iyengar for example), but I've found that your teacher has a much bigger effect on your practice than the particular style.

--Andre

OakCreekHitter

Reaction score
tell me that you are going to stand in the back or middle sections. if you are homosexual, you probably want to stand in the first row. LOL

lychee

Reaction score
usually i go 3 times a week (in between lacrosse training). normally in the first row. drop back to the 2nd row if im not feeling great. im not homosexual?

great work out, great for toning, and awesome for flexibility. a welcome change from my previous bulky figure which had limited movement etc.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I decided to start doing hot yoga again. My main motivation this time around is to improve my flexibility. I feel like I've really stiffened up from sitting at a desk all day. I am going to see if I can do it for 30 days straight. I'm only on day 3 but it was interesting how big a difference I noticed from days 1 and 2.

Do you think it's better to work out and then do yoga or yoga and then work out?

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Do you think it's better to work out and then do yoga or yoga and then work out?

I've done both, I honestly can't say what's better

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lychee
usually i go 3 times a week (in between lacrosse training). normally in the first row. drop back to the 2nd row if im not feeling great. im not homosexual?

great work out, great for toning, and awesome for flexibility. a welcome change from my previous bulky figure which had limited movement etc.

I didn't know people played Lacrosse in Australia

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Originally Posted by Stazy

I've done both, I honestly can't say what's better
I think I prefer yoga first. It's a good warm up before hitting the gym. Also, I have to say, the more I do yoga the more I enjoy it. The heat has become much more tolerable and I feel better inside and outside of class.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After. Passive stretching will hamper performance during workout and you might pull a muscle if they're too relaxed. Otoh lengthening muscle fibers post workout might aid with recovery and hypertrophy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads