1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

hot yoga

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by globetrotter, Jun 9, 2011.

1. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

anybody try this? did a class today and it was very interesting. sweated like a pig.

2. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Was it Bikram? I was interested until I did some research and learned I would be in an overcrowded room with smelly people getting yelled at by a drill sergeant/instructor. I think I'm sticking to Vinyasa.

3. globetrotter

Was it Bikram? I was interested until I did some research and learned I would be in an overcrowded room with smelly people getting yelled at by a drill sergeant/instructor. I think I'm sticking to Vinyasa.

yes, that is about right. no yelling in my class, but a crowded room full of very sweaty people. reminded me a lot of india.

1 person likes this.
  4. willpower

willpower Senior member

The girl who cuts my hair swears by it. I used to do Yoga but I found myself watching the clock the whole time, waiting for Shavasina (corpse pose) at the end.

5. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

6. skywalker

skywalker Senior member

I have a girl-friend who wants to be hot yoga partners. Would this be advisable, all I hear is you do yoga in a sauna.

7. Kslim

Kslim Senior member

Not a fan of fire yoga. GF loves it though. Namaste!

8. Kslim

Kslim Senior member

I have a girl-friend who wants to be hot yoga partners. Would this be advisable, all I hear is you do yoga in a sauna.

Is she hot? If so, yes. If no, PASSSSS.

9. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

It might turn you gay.

10. roryben

roryben Senior member

I have a girl-friend who wants to be hot yoga partners.

[​IMG]

11. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

I have nothing but admiration for people who do this. I fear that I would snap in half if I tried.

12. jefferyd

jefferyd Senior member Dubiously Honored

I would be in an overcrowded, overheated room with smelly people getting yelled at by a drill sergeant/instructor.
    It's strangely addictive stuff. Love it.

13. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Seems like one of those trend things that doesn't really do anything extra and will be out of vogue in a year

14. willpower

willpower Senior member

Seems like one of those trend things that doesn't really do anything extra and will be out of vogue in a year

Very popular in LA for the past 15 years. Not cool if somebody farts. Some of the Hot Yoga instructors around here are revered like rock stars - their classes are almost standing room only, which can be problematic for Yoga work.

15. globetrotter

I've done it twice now, and I think I will continue for a while. it's cool. I do feel ery well stretched out at the end of a session, and very drained, like it is work. mentally resttive, to some extent. I am surprised by the age - most of the people (in my place) are over 40, and not really hot, but I guess that isn't a bad thing. it involves a little more holding positions in strenous poses than I expected.

16. petermark23

petermark23 New Member

Yoga can help reduce the effects of stress on your body. Some styles of yoga, such as ashtanga and power yoga, are more vigorous than others. Practicing one of these styles will help you improve muscle tone.A consistent yoga practice decreases blood pressure through better circulation and oxygenation of the body. These two exercises can help lower blood pressure.

1 person likes this.
  17. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

Just don't sit next to the fucking heater! I did that once.

18. Bash!

Bash! Member

Hot yoga is the best. After hot yoga you're not going to want to do any non heated classes. Love the endorphin rush you feel at the end of class.

19. Huugo

Huugo Member

Didn't tried this. But I did yoga several times. Even Yoga can be very very hard. Like this I can imagine your pain [​IMG]

20. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

OT, but this seems to be the only yoga thread going....

I was thinking of starting doing yoga to improve my form for regular weightlifting. My flexibility and balance both suck. But I don't want to do something that would cut into my lifting or cause me to lose any muscle. If I just did it once a week on my off days, could I get the flexibility and balance benefits without wearing myself out? Is there a style that would be best?