• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hot Yoga Teacher

cuponoodles

Reaction score
So, I recently got into yoga (which is an absolute blast if you haven't given it a shot), and I've been going to this local yoga studio for a few sessions. One day it turns out that the new yoga teacher (there are, like most studios, a variety of instructors there) was super cute (as well as looking quite sexy doing her yoga poses). Needless to say, I wanted to say something after, but didn't. As far as creating this thread, I'm more generally curious then seeking advice, but I'm definitely left wondering what other men might have done in that situation had they been in my shoes. Any ideas should I run into her again?

As far as personal details, I'm mid-twenties and like to take care of myself, and I think I'm attractive enough that this girl definitely wouldn't be 'out of my league' or anything like that. I think my general game isn't too bad, but I'm a huge ***** when it comes to approaching random women, nor do I have any personal information regarding her relationship status or anything like that.

Maru37

Reaction score
First time poster here. I also take yoga so I'm familiar with this situation. I'm married so I've never had to execute the move you're trying to pull off but I do have some thoughts.

Chances are this girl has been asked out by a student before if she's hot. If this is anything like my yoga studio, the same instructors teach the same time slots each week. To avoid being just like all of those other guys you probably just want to make the effort to take her classes and get to know her. It's tempting to just go for it fit off the bat but that's a pretty low percentage move. You've got to put in a little effort and over time it will be a much easier move to pull off. In time it will either feel right or it won't. And at that point, you'll feel much less pressure to do something because you'll actually have a rapport with her.

Hope that helps a little bit!

Philip

Reaction score
If you are a comedian and she is Romanian you're in buddy.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

john johnson

Reaction score
Honestly, getting to know her is a bad idea. Think about it from her perspective. She is not going to be excited about some guy who takes a class from her a bunch of times, makes small talk from time to time and then eventually asks her out. Run into her somewhere else and say " hey, don't in know you from...." and then ask her out right away. The only context she should know you from is you asking her out. As soon as she thinks you in the context of "student" you may as well go pine away for some other chick you have no shot at.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

As far as creating this thread, I'm more generally curious then seeking advice, but I'm definitely left wondering what other men might have done in that situation had they been in my shoes.

"Hey sweetie-pie, I could use some after school tutoring in 'downward dog'*, if you know what I mean. How 'bout drinks at 8?"

*When you say "downward dog" make sure to drop your voice an octave and say it slowly and creepily so she knows that you're using it as a euphemism for sex.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads