• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hot feet

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excluding winter, my feet are always hot. If I wear shoes in temps above 20C, after about an hour my feet are on fire, and start sweating leading to stinky wet feet. It sucks because when I'm working at the office, I nearly always have to take my shoes off to let my feet breathe and cool down. It's embarassing when my coworkers always walk in on me with my shoes off.

In the summer at night, I have trouble sleeping because my feet are so hot. I dunk them in cold water for 10 minutes, and the heat comes back shortly afterwards. Aloe gel sometimes helps... temporarily.

In winter, it's the complete opposite. My feet freeze up instantly, and are always cold.

Is this an odd medical condition, or normal? Any tips on keeping my feet cool?

GreyFlannelMan

Reaction score
I don't know what the condition may be called, but I generally suffer the same fate. My feet in winter are almost always cold. In other times of year, they are hot. They sweat but fortunately don't stink.

I always sleep with a fan going at night and leave my feet outside of the duvet so that they are always getting a nice breeze.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I do the fan pointed at my feet outside of the covers too. Seems to work fine after a while.

MCsommerreid

Reaction score
Same thing happens to me, especially when I have to walk places. After walking a mile in the summer it's unbearable, and I have to air the hooves out or suffer intolerable pain.

Is there a doctor in the house that can explain this one?

Lucius

Reaction score
Is it actually heat in your feet that you all are talking about?

I suffer from feet which sweat with the power of faucets, so the moisture is uncomfortable, but it is a clean sweat and there is no real discomfort.

Damn bodies, I have heard applying vaseline applied at night may help decrease sweat during the day.
This is just a suggestion for the desperate I have never tried it.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My floors are hardwood and tile. I had my gf feel my feet last night and she said they were "warm", but not extremely hot - even though they felt warmer than warm. In the winter though, when my feet feel cold, they are indeed very very cold to the touch. Sometimes this happens just a few minutes after taking off my socks. It's annoying sometimes, but it's better than sweating and having wet socks and shoes.

My hands are also the same way - very cold in the winter, and hot and (sometimes) sweaty in the summer.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a circulation problem.

greg_atlanta

Reaction score
Could be related to type 2 diabetes. Are you significantly overweight? Have your blood sugar checked next time you're at the doctor.

ts4them

Reaction score
I wonder if acupuncture would help. It's worth a shot IMO, I've had it for a variety of problems and it has always helped.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greg_atlanta
Could be related to type 2 diabetes. Are you significantly overweight? Have your blood sugar checked next time you're at the doctor.

Thin to average build, and I don't gain weight easily, but I've never had my blood sugar tested.

kalice

Reaction score
sounds like circulation problem as well. or just your body has slight issues with heat homeostasis

Fulcannelli

Reaction score
dunking your feet in cold water is the worst thing you can do, that will warm you feet up... its sounds stupid but its true.

Its a greet tip for warming you up if you are camping etc... dunk your feet in cold water and they will stay warm all night.

Fulcannelli

Reaction score
Originally Posted by merkur
I'm waiting for jonglover to pop in with an anecdote about a kid he knew in high school with hot feet...
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads