1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Host/Hostess Gift

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by chrisjr, Jul 18, 2011.

1. chrisjr

chrisjr Senior Member

Gentlemen,
    Have been invited by the GF to a dinner on the fairway at her family's golf course this evening. The event costs around $150 a plate (her father is paying). What might be a suitable gift for the family/him? I know him and his wife quite well and know the sorts of things they like but I am not really sure if I should be getting them some nice wine, something for their home, flowers, or whatever, and what sort of $$ I should be spending.

Chris

2. philosophe

philosophe Distinguished Member

It's not clear to me that you need to bring a gift to this dinner. You definitely need to send a handwritten thank you note on good stationery. Her father is expressing generosity toward you, so let him enjoy it.

Have you been to dinner at her parents' home? I would bring a gift to a dinner at their home.

3. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

Yes. A note generally goes further than anything else in making people feel good.