• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

horseradish mustard

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does it ever bother you that it is necessary to mix more horseradish into "horseradish mustard" in order to make it spicy enough? I mean really, there are 6.02 * 10^23 different hot chile sauces but if a guy wants a decent spicy mustard he has to make it himself.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Milhouse
Does it ever bother you that it is necessary to mix more horseradish into "horseradish mustard" in order to make it spicy enough? I mean really, there are 6.02 * 10^23 different hot chile sauces but if a guy wants a decent spicy mustard he has to make it himself.

Indeed, I lie awake every night thinking about this. It's just not fair. My problems with baristas only add to my misery.

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really do not think that the horse radish adds just heat.

I prefer Colman's Hot English Mustard. Great stuff.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took the words right out of my mouth +10000 on the Colmans. My mother makes it out of the powder and it is spicy as fcuk. Great stuff.

bowlhead99

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
Took the words right out of my mouth +10000 on the Colmans. My mother makes it out of the powder and it is spicy as fcuk. Great stuff.

If you're a hot sauce fan you could try "357 extreme mustard" - bought some online and it is pretty damn hot compared to the stuff you'd find on a hot dog stand.

I suppose it depends what you're used to - Colmans is pretty much the standard english mustard here in england - we've all grown up with it in the same way Heinz is the standard for ketchup.

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bowlhead99
If you're a hot sauce fan you could try "357 extreme mustard" - bought some online and it is pretty damn hot compared to the stuff you'd find on a hot dog stand.

I suppose it depends what you're used to - Colmans is pretty much the standard english mustard here in england - we've all grown up with it in the same way Heinz is the standard for ketchup.

A lot of us in the US got to grow up in French's yellow mustard.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Silverback
A lot of us in the US got to grow up in French's yellow mustard.

I spent the majority of my life believing I disliked mustard because I was predominately exposed to that horrid bright yellow condiment.

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 7 10.9%