1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

hopkins_student kills intruder with samurai sword

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by justtemple, Sep 15, 2009.

1. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

The guy deserved it. Well done.

2. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

This story beats:

[​IMG]

3. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Senior member

excellent title change.

4. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

yeah this is so ridiculous if that student gets in trouble. the justice system in this country needs to wake up and get some common sense.

the guy lunged at the students who confronted him and he was protecting himself.

i need a samurai sword ... helps im asian!

5. unjung

unjung Senior member

yeah this is so ridiculous if that student gets in trouble. the justice system in this country needs to wake up and get some common sense.

the guy lunged at the students who confronted him and he was protecting himself.

i need a samurai sword ... helps im asian!

You are Korean. No sword for you. Only pain and hardship.

6. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

7. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

8. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

You are Korean. No sword for you. Only pain and hardship.

and kimchi

9. slycedbred

slycedbred Senior member

excellent title change.

+2.3

10. BrettChaotix

BrettChaotix Senior member

This happened about 5 blocks from the apartment I just moved from - it's quite the buzz around town

11. WhateverYouLike

WhateverYouLike Senior member

This happened about 5 blocks from the apartment I just moved from - it's quite the buzz around town

This happened 10 houses down my street [​IMG] I vaguely knew the kid too. If you check out the hopkins message boards, there would be serious facepalming at the amount of racist shit being spewed (also the amount of sexual frustration, which almost makes SF look suave). There were some classic lines though:

Looks like this robber

(Puts on sunglasses)

Has been successfully disarmed

You could say that this robber

(Puts on sunglasses)

was caught red-handed

(puts on sunglasses)

got the five finger discount

You could say Johns Hopkins

(puts on sunglasses)

is really cutting edge

They do say Hopkins is a cutthroat environment.

[​IMG]

12. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

^ Really got to hand it to you.

13. HomerJ

HomerJ Senior member

Dude had 29 arrests for burglary... what does it take to get locked up for real around there? P.s. has anyone seen hopkins_student lately?
    Baltimore is going to hell in a handbasket. The kid handled his business. Still I feel bad for the ham-fisted burglar. He was probably dealt a poor hand in life, living hand to mouth by palming other people's property. Was he was naughty by nature?

14. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

15. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

This happened 10 houses down my street [​IMG] I vaguely knew the kid too. If you check out the hopkins message boards, there would be serious facepalming at the amount of racist shit being spewed (also the amount of sexual frustration, which almost makes SF look suave). There were some classic lines though:

Looks like this robber

(Puts on sunglasses)

Has been successfully disarmed

(Puts on sunglasses)

was caught red-handed

(puts on sunglasses)

got the five finger discount

You could say Johns Hopkins

(puts on sunglasses)

is really cutting edge

They do say Hopkins is a cutthroat environment.

[​IMG]

lol from here on out I'm going to think you look like Horatio Caine

16. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

On one hand, I don't necessarily agree with the young jedi taking the law into his own hands. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something I generally tend to raise my hand against. On the other hand, the garage was probably filled with hand-me-downs that he didn't want to see fall into the wrong hands, or maybe some game cards he paid an arm and a leg for. And if the young nerd didn't feel like he would be in safe hands with the long arm of the law, well then he had to hold the guy at arm's length and eventually take the upper hand.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush

17. sonlegoman

sonlegoman Senior member

I am answering you, but the following responses are in kind and I don't feel like multi-quoting.

My problem is by bringing a sword he has limited the options he has, you have to cut someone to stop them. It is the same thing if you bring a gun, you have to shoot them, that is your only option.

I think he had other options, he could have ran, he could have secured the main area and called the police. It was in his garage, so he was in no immediate danger. He voluntarily stepped into a situation to protect possessions with a means of deterence/defense that has a focused use.

I don't feel sorry for the criminal, I feel sorry for the sword wielder who I think did not think things through and now could be facing a very different future.

So you're saying this student should have pulled out his Game Theory book and analyzed the situation?

18. CYstyle

CYstyle Senior member

So you're saying this student should have pulled out his Game Theory book and analyzed the situation?

well played [​IMG]
    offtopic hey san jose there's near where I live.

In the heat of the the moment I don't think anyone thinks rationally

19. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    On one hand, I don't necessarily agree with the young jedi taking the law into his own hands. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something I generally tend to raise my hand against. On the other hand, the garage was probably filled with hand-me-downs that he didn't want to see fall into the wrong hands, or maybe some game cards he paid an arm and a leg for. And if the young nerd didn't feel like he would be in safe hands with the long arm of the law, well then he had to hold the guy at arm's length and eventually take the upper hand.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush

This deserves a quote.
    Nicely done, g.

20. Agnacious

Agnacious Senior member

Only if his Common Sense book wasn't handy.

JLib made a reasonable rebuttle to my post regarding personal property protection and defensive/offensive actions. I had no response other than to restate my position which doesn't further the conversation just extends it. We land on different sides of the fence so no further development would occur unless someone with a different viewpoint added to the conversation.

Unfortunately all we got was you.