• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Hoping someone could Point me in the Right Direction

play2much2004

New Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
I am in desperate need of a purple and black plaid/flannel shirt (preferably varsity-darker purple) and I feel like I have used up my sources and I was hoping someone could help me here...Thanks
 

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2008
Messages
8,483
Reaction score
761
why purple? please tell me you dont like the stupid current fad/trend of purple? i mean if you like purple thats cool but if ur just following the retarded fashion gurus trend of picking a random color to exploit those with no fashion sense i would suggest something else.

however i have seen a lot of skater companies jump on the purple bandwagon with lots of purple flannel hoodies, shoes, pants, etc. check out CCS and any of the skater companies. there are tons of purple flannel pieces that i have seen in the past.

hope that helps
 

play2much2004

New Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
why purple? please tell me you dont like the stupid current fad/trend of purple? i mean if you like purple thats cool but if ur just following the retarded fashion gurus trend of picking a random color to exploit those with no fashion sense i would suggest something else.

however i have seen a lot of skater companies jump on the purple bandwagon with lots of purple flannel hoodies, shoes, pants, etc. check out CCS and any of the skater companies. there are tons of purple flannel pieces that i have seen in the past.

hope that helps



thanks for your help
 

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2008
Messages
4,703
Reaction score
1,047
Wow, who knew the mention of the color purple could cause such anger. Purple is a color that compliments my blacks very well and that will always be the case regardless of what the so called "fad" is, so not sure what that was all about.

play2much2004 - have you tried j crew or banana republic? They have plenty to offer in that color spectrum last I checked.
 

Egdon Heath

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2006
Messages
506
Reaction score
20
Originally Posted by play2much2004
I am in desperate need of a purple and black plaid/flannel shirt (preferably varsity-darker purple) and I feel like I have used up my sources and I was hoping someone could help me here...Thanks
Might be easier to find a black and white flannel. Then you could dye it purple in your washer. (The black would stay black.)​
 

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2008
Messages
8,483
Reaction score
761
Originally Posted by tonio028
Wow, who knew the mention of the color purple could cause such anger. Purple is a color that compliments my blacks very well and that will always be the case regardless of what the so called "fad" is, so not sure what that was all about.

play2much2004 - have you tried j crew or banana republic? They have plenty to offer in that color spectrum last I checked.


haha no anger, just if you like purple thats great and fine ... i just see everyone wearing purple for stupid reasons ... the huge american apparel fad with purple and all of the various labels advertising purple when years ago purple was never a highlight.
 

bdr3

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
158
Reaction score
0
Have you tried Rakuten? Suger Cane has a purple denim shirt and Flat Head has some nice buffalo plaids. I've seen red and blue- don't know about purple. That is at least headed in the right direction.
 

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Joined
Apr 15, 2006
Messages
22,224
Reaction score
25
Originally Posted by play2much2004
I am in desperate need of a purple and black plaid/flannel shirt (preferably varsity-darker purple) and I feel like I have used up my sources and I was hoping someone could help me here...Thanks

check out bloomingdales. especially south coast one if you can. they have rows of clearance shirts and hoodies now and i saw all sorts of colors and checkered designs and such under the rainbow.
 

unjung

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2008
Messages
6,569
Reaction score
14
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
haha no anger, just if you like purple thats great and fine ... i just see everyone wearing purple for stupid reasons ... the huge american apparel fad with purple and all of the various labels advertising purple when years ago purple was never a highlight.

I take it you only started paying attention to what you and others wore about two years ago? Purple isn't the first colour to be particularly heavily used in street style, and it won't be the last.
 

onion

Distinguished Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2007
Messages
3,063
Reaction score
3
I'd kop this shirt if it were available in my size. If you're an XL (and you like the shirt...) you're in luck.
 

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2008
Messages
4,763
Reaction score
20
Originally Posted by onion
I'd kop this shirt if it were available in my size. If you're an XL (and you like the shirt...) you're in luck.

+1

That is a really nice shirt
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 32 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 144 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 278 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 132 15.7%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 71 8.4%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 49 5.8%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 25 3.0%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 22 2.6%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 17 2.0%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 8 1.0%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 9 1.1%
  • 100+

    Votes: 54 6.4%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
429,242
Messages
9,231,046
Members
193,770
Latest member
Alex2045
Top