Hooked on shoes...your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mikeynyc, Jun 11, 2006.

1. mikeynyc

mikeynyc Well-Known Member

So I've been reading SF for about a month; I'm totally addicted to the boards and especially shoes. It started with the POLO sale and the Mackays that I couldn't track down. Hopefully I'll find a pair in brown sooner or later. A few days later I picked these up from GVH. What a great store. [​IMG] I wore them for the first time yesterday and maybe it was just me (probably) but it seemed people were looking at me feet all day. I also just won these Aldens on ebay: [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm a little hung up on the fact that they're used but they seemed like a fair deal and worth a shot. I was wondering if there was a way to tell if they are cordovan and also if anyone knew what model they were. thanks. any advice is appreciated for a shoe newbie.

2. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

I was wondering if there was a way to tell if they are cordovan and also if anyone knew what model they were.

thanks.
    any advice is appreciated for a shoe newbie.

I don't know what model they are, but they don't look like cordovan to me. Cordovan has a very distinctive style of creasing, almost wavy.

3. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

4. MysticAura

MysticAura Senior member

how do those fit mikey? true to size? I've been contemplating getting one for myself

5. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member Dubiously Honored

6. mikeynyc

mikeynyc Well-Known Member

What country were the RLP chelsea boots made in? thanks http://whatareyouwearingtoday.blogspot.com/
    Made in England, why do you ask? Do you happen to know the maker? I thought they might be C&J based on other posts here.
    how do those fit mikey? true to size? I've been contemplating getting one for myself
    I haven't received the Aldens yet, so if you're asking about the boots, my first impression was that they are little narrow.