• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Hoodie + Polo combinations?

Adam0007

Reaction score
Since you guys seem to attack a thread just because of a brand, I'll make the thread more generic. Polo's layered under zip up or pull-over hoodies: Can they work? Post examples of where you've seen them done well.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Where's that Michael Jackson gif where he's eating popcorn at?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You'll have to just use the smileys.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well personally I think It can be done right, but I don't really foresee that happening in this case. I think you need to blank hoodies that are more fitted.

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here you are:

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dammit just use the smileys!

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is quickly becoming a boring thread. Why, where are your insults when we actually want them?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a huge American Eagle fan.

I like to pop the collar and put the hood on too. Then I raise my chin and pout.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is probably a better forum for you. I'm serious too.

Adam0007

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll check it out. I obviously don't only dress ^ that way but the majority of dressing up combinations I'm seeing aren't that hard to figure out. I was aware that this could be a failure - that's why I posted it. Thanks for the link - as for the rest of you, I guess it's funny to troll like that, but it's not the best way to bring in new members.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Honestly, from all the mall brands; American Eagle isn't all that bad. I used to own a polo from them and the quality was fairly decent -- minimal branding as well. Oh and about this:

Originally Posted by Adam0007
Thanks, I'll check it out. I obviously don't only dress ^ that way but the majority of dressing up combinations I'm seeing aren't that hard to figure out. I was aware that this could be a failure - that's why I posted it. Thanks for the link - as for the rest of you, I guess it's funny to troll like that, but it's not the best way to bring in new members.

ashenwreck

Reaction score
I'm not really going to hate on you for wanting to try something different, Adam0007, but I don't think that sweatshirt fits you nearly as well as you think it does. It's way too bulky for you.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The American Eagle branding was so thick I tried to feel it through my monitor.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Adam0007
To answer your question, uhm, it probably is better to ask on Topic Style. A hoodie and polo is a fairly generic combination that could look completely different since there are so many variations on hoodies and polos between brands. It's like asking if you can wear a button up shirt underneath a jacket. Since you seem to mostly dress around mall brands it would make sense to ask on a forum that is closer to your look and deals with those specific brands (AE sweatshirt).
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Honestly, from all the mall brands; American Eagle isn't all that bad. I used to own a polo from them and the quality was fairly decent -- minimal branding as well.
I was never one to have this snobbish attitude of mall brands literally falling apart on me but after a couple years of moderate wear my polo from there is literally falling apart. I'm talking so many holes that the tag is almost gone, missing buttons (not fallen off, I mean it just tore right through the fabric), and the materials are just getting worse with time.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can't say much considering I had the polo for about 3 months before giving it away. Oh, well. I still see it as:

AE > AF, Hollister, and Navy.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.9%