• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hoodia

shuguru314

Reaction score
so, this natural supplement hoodia gordonii sounds very interesting and beneficial for dieting, i was wondering if anyone has had first hand experiences with using this.
Basically just from reading around i've figured out hoodia gordonii is derived from a south african plant and recently supplement companies use it in efforts to supress appetite.
sounds good, but dont they all

Studio27

Reaction score
it's an appetite suppressant; if in a decent supplement it can work, but unless you have a tendancy to overeat, don't bother. eat 6x/day, bracket carbs around your workout, protein with every meal, complex carbs + protein post workout, and just before bed, simple carbs + protein when you wake up.

do that and you'll be miles ahead of the game.

i sold a lot of supressants w/ hoodia in them, and while it did work, i would only advise it for people who had a tendancy to just eat to much, or if they just wanted to buy it (may as well, if not from me then from somewhere).

try the 6-8 meal/day thing, your stomach shrinks so less food makes you fuller, although the first 2 weeks are gonna suck, it gets better. but if you wanna try it, then try it. at least that curiosity bug will be nurtured.

diet = exercise = rest >> supplements

nail the first 3, then use supplements to get past breaking points and to make life easier (e.g. shakes for meals, hoodia or other for specific problems, vitamins for general health, glutamine for recovery, etc. etc. depending on what you need)

shuguru314

Reaction score
i get in these crazed binge moods where i will eat until im stuffed...then i tell myself i'll just go back to eating normal the next day, then the next day comes and i'm like well i already screwed it up so i'll just eat a donut or 3 even though i don't particularly like the donut that much
i dunno whats wrong with me, haha
and i've realized that dieting and restricting certain foods might lead to over eating later on, so i've even gave myself free reign of most foods but just tried limiting my portions.... but when the food gets in front of me i dont really wanna stop until im really full, not just comfortable
but hopefully the suppressant would help me with late night binging and over eating at meals

Englandmj7

Reaction score
Try having little snacks around all the time so when you are a feeling like some junk food you have something to munch on instead of going out and binging on a brick of Mcdonald's fries. For instance, keep a small tupperware container with some sliced apples or grapes in it on your desk, a granola bar, or some celery.....that way you can "graze"

thelion1856

Reaction score
i used the 100& hoodia and to tell you the truth you can barely tell the difference. Just make sure you take it the right way, i think its like 3 pills a day or 2 maybe. It dosent really supress ur apetite as much as you think. You can still eat on it.

the best appetite suppressant i have ever tried is Adderall, but that is a perscription med for Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD). It is an anphetamine. With this you can take one pill in the AM or around 12 noon and you wont even THINK of eatting till round 6 or 7 at night. But if you really DO have ADD then it might not do anything for you. Just dont take too much or you will feel exactly like you just did a line of cocaine for 4 hrs straight.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads