• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hong Kong Tailor needed to make Green Tartan Trousers

cdmoore1855

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Does anyone know a reasonably priced place to get these made, I dont't want to go the expensive guys for something that will be worn once at year at most.

Cheers

Christian

AndrewRogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cdmoore1855
Hi Guys

Does anyone know a reasonably priced place to get these made, I dont't want to go the expensive guys for something that will be worn once at year at most.

Cheers

Christian

luk-cha spoke of some ridiculously cheap places once before, so you might like to PM him in case he doesn't spot this thread.

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRogers
luk-cha spoke of some ridiculously cheap places once before, so you might like to PM him in case he doesn't spot this thread.

Christian,

Are you mean "black watch"?
The one and only kiltmaker in HK is Yuen's in Central, I think yuen brothers can help with tartan pants.
Their price is very reasonable, but not as cheap as Luk-Cha pantmaker.

AndrewRogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So that the original poster knows what he might be getting if he asks for Black Watch, here it is

3777938648_e0d33fabb9.jpg

It is quite popular. I have some, Tailor Caid has some and some others have some on the way
bounce2.gif

waikeywi

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Cheers

Christian

If you don't mind, H&M (central store) has it, only for HKD299!! Go look for it.

cdmoore1855

Reaction score
I will check out H&M, I am meeting Luk-Cha tonight so will ask his advice

Thanks

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRogers
So that the original poster knows what he might be getting if he asks for Black Watch, here it is

3777938648_e0d33fabb9.jpg

It is quite popular. I have some, Tailor Caid has some and some others have some on the way
bounce2.gif

My smoking jacket has black watch lapels. Very nice.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I will check out H&M, I am meeting Luk-Cha tonight so will ask his advice

Thanks

it all depends on you budget - dont forget in HK you get what you pay for the pants i paid $280 for are worth that and not more, like the white labeled **** you can get from tesco's - no frills

cdmoore1855

Reaction score
Ok, lets say I am happy to upto $750, they don't need to be wool

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ok, lets say I am happy to upto $750, they don't need to be wool

how many times are you wanting to wear them?

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Well, then, I presume you would NOT want the Black Watch, the "Auld Forty-Twa" being so inextricably Scottish.

Not sure how many other "green tartans" are available.

If you are willing to spend (U.S.) $750 for a pair of trousers, you should be able to get the very finest Hong Kong tailoring for a lot less than that. W.W. Chan usually charges around $450 for trousers from good British fabrics.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
^Well, then, I presume you would NOT want the Black Watch, the "Auld Forty-Twa" being so inextricably Scottish.

Not sure how many other "green tartans" are available.

If you are willing to spend (U.S.) $750 for a pair of trousers, you should be able to get the very finest Hong Kong tailoring for a lot less than that. W.W. Chan usually charges around $450 for trousers from good British fabrics.

we are talking in HK dollors not US

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yuen's should be ok at HK$750, I think.Otherwise, buy cloth from Andrew, and make it by Luk Cha guy.
And yes, Black Watch is too Scottish not Irish, you have to choose the other tartan.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads