1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Hong Kong Outlet VERSUS USA Premium Outlet

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kiwi Man, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Kiwi Man

Kiwi Man Senior member

Hey there,

I'm about to visit Hong Kong in a month or so and I am so thrilled to know that there are outlet for international powerhouse brands such as Paul Smith, Prada, or Dolce & Gabbana.

I understand that these brands are not approved by many fellows here, but I'm a brandwhore. What can I say?

What I want to know is if outlets in Hong Kong is equivalent to the US outlet in term of pricing. Sometimes ago, I was told that Hong Kong has lowest import tax in Asia, but I was not too certain if that was true.

2. hst

hst Senior member

The prices are not great. Most importantly, you do not get a good selection compared to the US.

3. Eason

Eason Senior member

I've never seen any outlets here, but you can rest assured they'll be picked clean by the mainland things. HK, despite the reputation, is not really a great place to get nice boutique items, only major brands at a high markup. Let me know when you're here, regardless though :)

4. aon

aon Senior member

You can visit Citygate outlets in Tung Chung. That's near the airport. You can take a bus or a cab from the airport. I got a RLPL charcoal gray suit from the RL outlet at around 90% off.

There's another outlet place, Horizon's Plaza in Ap Lei Chau. Can't remember how to get there but you can google for directions. The paul smith outlet is there.

5. LaymanX

LaymanX Senior member

Yep, had some killer deals at the Brooks Brothers and RL outlets while I was there too.

6. Kiwi Man

Kiwi Man Senior member

Are the deals for Brooks Brothers and R. Lauren in Hong Kong outlets as good as the ones in the US?