• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hong Kong Bespoke Tailor

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
Chan's prices for a two-piece suit start at around $1,100 (U.S.) and go up to around $1,500 with most fabrics. I believe A-Man's pricing is very similar. Someone said Baron Kay was around $700 (although this was several years ago--it might have gone up). I think Lee Baron is in the same ballpark. I know nothing of the British Textile Company mentioned in the original post.

Thanks. I appreciate it.

Chrenetique

Reaction score
I know this is not our subject, but we'd all like to see a picture of you wearing this unfitting Savile Row suit.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
well if savile row can not fit a suit for you, good look here!

rickblaine

Reaction score
I have used both Chan and A-Man and would strongly recommend Chan unless you are doing formal wear of some kind

cdmoore1855

Reaction score
I have a Harrison's Mersolair mohair/linen mix suit from Chan and it came out well. A bit more substance than plain linen. Not sure you can get this made from Chan's in a week with multiple fittings, you would be better to speak to Patrick via phone and then email, to confirm this, he will need to pre-order the cloth before you arrive to give you any chance of getting this done in a week.

enofile

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
+1.

While some degree of misses are certain possible, to say a bespoke Savile Row suit "neve" fit is quite the claim.

Maybe it did fit YOUR body, but even a bespoke suit cannot do magic and make you look 6'2" and 175lb.

This "bespoke" experience was very difficult for me. I had it fitted in London twice, and by the time Brian came to Chicago to have me try the suit on, I had put on a few pounds and the suit had to be altered. On the fourth try it looked ridiculous as my body had shifted again. There was truly nothing to be done. I felt that "Richard Anderson" had done the work and it was my fault that my body kept on changing. Thus, I felt I should pay the full amount. It is an issue when a short, stocky dude like myself puts on a few pounds. The "poundage" goes everywhere at random, and clothes can fit differently in a week's time. I have four sets of wardrobes: very big, big, medium, and thin. I literally need a storage locker for my different clothes! Thanks for your suggestions.

enofile

Reaction score
This "bespoke" experience was very difficult for me. I had it fitted in London twice, and by the time Brian came to Chicago to have me try the suit on, I had put on a few pounds and the suit had to be altered. On the fourth try it looked ridiculous as my body had shifted again. There was truly nothing to be done. I felt that "Richard Anderson" had done the work and it was my fault that my body kept on changing. Thus, I felt I should pay the full amount. It is an issue when a short, stocky dude like myself puts on a few pounds. The "poundage" goes everywhere at random, and clothes can fit differently in a week's time. I have four sets of wardrobes: very big, big, medium, and thin. I literally need a storage locker for my different clothes! Thanks for your suggestions.

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
Chan's prices for a two-piece suit start at around $1,100 (U.S.) and go up to around $1,500 with most fabrics. I believe A-Man's pricing is very similar. Someone said Baron Kay was around $700 (although this was several years ago--it might have gone up). I think Lee Baron is in the same ballpark. I know nothing of the British Textile Company mentioned in the original post.

I think Mr. JLibourel is spot on again.

enofile

Reaction score
This "bespoke" experience was very difficult for me. I had it fitted in London twice, and by the time Brian came to Chicago to have me try the suit on, I had put on a few pounds and the suit had to be altered. On the fourth try it looked ridiculous as my body had shifted again. There was truly nothing to be done. I felt that "Richard Anderson" had done the work and it was my fault that my body kept on changing. Thus, I felt I should pay the full amount. It is an issue when a short, stocky dude like myself puts on a few pounds. The "poundage" goes everywhere at random, and clothes can fit differently in a week's time. I have four sets of wardrobes: very big, big, medium, and thin. I literally need a storage locker for my different clothes! Thanks for your suggestions. I cannot even get this suit on anymore.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by enofile
This "bespoke" experience was very difficult for me. I had it fitted in London twice, and by the time Brian came to Chicago to have me try the suit on, I had put on a few pounds and the suit had to be altered. On the fourth try it looked ridiculous as my body had shifted again. There was truly nothing to be done. I felt that "Richard Anderson" had done the work and it was my fault that my body kept on changing. Thus, I felt I should pay the full amount. It is an issue when a short, stocky dude like myself puts on a few pounds. The "poundage" goes everywhere at random, and clothes can fit differently in a week's time. I have four sets of wardrobes: very big, big, medium, and thin. I literally need a storage locker for my different clothes! Thanks for your suggestions. I cannot even get this suit on anymore.

Then the lack of fit issues you have with the suit are your fault, not the tailors. Control your weight problems and perhaps you'll find a suit that fits you better.

enofile

Reaction score
I guess that's what I was trying to say, it was my problem, not the tailors. However, when you're 60 years old, 5' 3" tall, it is some times daunting to control weight. A few pounds adds up to quite a few inches loss or gain and that will effect how clothes fit. I certainly wasn't attempting to place any blame on Richard Anderson...................................

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by enofile
I guess that's what I was trying to say, it was my problem, not the tailors. However, when you're 60 years old, 5' 3" tall, it is some times daunting to control weight. A few pounds adds up to quite a few inches loss or gain and that will effect how clothes fit. I certainly wasn't attempting to place any blame on Richard Anderson...................................
I'm late fifty-something ... and have been wearing bespoke for more than thirty years. I am able to wear today pieces that were made for me near the beginning. Yes, closely watching the weight goes along with the bespoke wardrobe ... especially if you want to enjoy that wardrobe.

I prefer to have eating habits that keep my weight near constant ... but from time to time dieting is necessary.

ApplesHK

Reaction score
It never ceases to amaze me how posters seem to think they can slag off at any person who comes here to ask a question or explain their experiences.
The board seems to have a minority of crotchety old farts who take pleasure in arrogantly putting down others.
This thread is a case in point. How dare you be overweight Mr Enofile and how dare you you seek help in a forum set up to help people like you.
Take a tip, don't be put of by The Wraith and those like him. 90% of the people here are happy to help.
Stick with Chan and Lee Baron............forget about Baron Kaye
laugh.gif

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ApplesHK
It never ceases to amaze me how posters seem to think they can slag off at any person who comes here to ask a question or explain their experiences.
The board seems to have a minority of crotchety old farts who take pleasure in arrogantly putting down others.
This thread is a case in point. How dare you be overweight Mr Enofile and how dare you you seek help in a forum set up to help people like you.
Take a tip, don't be put of by The Wraith and those like him. 90% of the people here are happy to help.
Stick with Chan and Lee Baron............forget about Baron Kaye
laugh.gif

I certainly wasn't slagging anyone off and I wasn't rude. But someone who experiences fluctuating weight issues is going to have a problem with any tailor. That's just reality. It's also not healthy to be bouncing up and down in weight all the time. Solve those problems and he'll solve his tailor issues too and he'll be healthier as well. Sounds like a win-win situation to me.

Flamboyant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ApplesHK

Plenty of crochety young farts too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads