• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homophobic Friends!

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
The homosexuals use *** and queer and all that potty-talk quite frequently, but then it's like a black person using "*****".

You have no idea how ******* hilarious you are

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you really want friends who won't grow up? I cut off a lot of friends if they don't move on
Originally Posted by JesseJB
This is a good idea actually. I mean, we are meeting up at 3:00pm so it would be doable to move it if we need to. But my current friends are pretty adamant with the "its your party so we arent ******* moving it for a couple of d-bags." I really dont care that much though.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do gay people really get uptight if a frat boy says *** or **** all the time? I figure the meaning is diluted to the point that it's meaningless when spoken by them.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reggs
Do gay people really get uptight if a frat boy says *** or **** all the time? I figure the meaning is diluted to the point that it's meaningless when spoken by them.
I guess we shouldn't get uptight, given the dumbasses using the word... but then again, should black people get upset when some bucktoothed, inbred hillbilly from the Piedmont Carolinas who probably never got out of fifth grade and whose favorite meal is "taters and corn pone" calls them the n-word?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
teapot.png

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
I guess we shouldn't get uptight, given the dumbasses using the word... but then again, should black people get upset when some bucktoothed, inbred hillbilly from the Piedmont Carolinas who probably never got out of fifth grade and whose favorite meal is "taters and corn pone" calls them the n-word?
I don't get it. Are his friends calling gay people **** or his friends "a bunch of ****". I see no problem with it, but then again, I'm kind of douchey. I think intent has a lot to do with it really. I wouldn't imagine a gay dude really taking offense to some frat guy calling his own friends a bunch of **** in a gesture of "bromanship". Especially if there is copious amounts of alcohol involved.
teacha.gif

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well it depends on their use of the word obviously.

an exchange like:

"I liked pride and prejudice!" "God you're such a ***"

is different from:

"Is this neighborhood just full of **** or what?"

One use is clearly more bigoted than the other.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Why not call up your old frat buddies one at a time and "come out" to them but swear them to secrecy. If they show up they should be on their best behavior as far as *** comments are concerned.

Later, you can call them up and explain to them why you came out to them and that you are not really a butt pirate ............. or not, depending on how much more pleasant they were to be around.

Everyone will probably get a good laugh about it and you can all hit the gym to work on your spectorals and flavinoids and then a mutual hot oil massage when you are good and pumped.............. or not.

Faded501s

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JesseJB
I explained my feelings on the matter and she completely understood.

I hope I don't sound like a marsupial but are your frat buddies guys or girls?

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc

There is a clear difference. They only say *****r in reference to blacks they want to insult. Frat boys say *** in reference to pretty much anything.

"This *** is riding my bumper."

"$8 for a movie ticket? Gay!"

Just don't hang out with frat boys, or hypersensitive gay people. Problem solved on both fronts.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PLaydice
Lol at "teh gays out for blood"
I picture like gangster gays when you describe this and its just so lol

They used to have a "gang" of gay dudes that looked like big skinheads in flight jackets that would walk around the neighborhood to help prevent gay bashing back in the 90s. Can't remember what it was called but they were big dudes, they all looked like teh Kunk in my memory.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
They used to have a "gang" of gay dudes that looked like big skinheads in flight jackets that would walk around the neighborhood to help prevent gay bashing back in the 90s. Can't remember what it was called but they were big dudes, they all looked like teh Kunk in my memory.

That's actually really cool.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads