1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Homeless guy in my carport - a question of etiquette

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by mbc, Oct 5, 2008.

1. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

^It's like an open garage... a roof on supports over a concrete slab, but no walls or door.

God, the things we give names to. Thanks, kwilk also sent me a pic.

2. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Senior member Dubiously Honored

God, the things we give names to. Thanks, kwilk also sent me a pic.

I still vote "cubbyhole" as the worst name given to a usable space...

3. Orsini

Orsini Senior member

What? You are making even less sense than before. For what does anybody need an alibi? Did anybody advocate killing the poor man? I don't think so.
    You guys are all suspects. BU-WA-HA-HA-HA-HA=HA!!!!

4. Milhouse

Milhouse Senior member

You guys are all suspects.

BU-WA-HA-HA-HA-HA=HA!!!!

Hmm, perhaps you protest too much...

5. Orsini

Orsini Senior member

Hmm, perhaps you protest too much...
    Nah! I got an abili. I was posting to your thread.

6. Orsini

Orsini Senior member

...For what does anybody need an alibi?
    Under the Napoleonic code you do.... The victim was a nice guy. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves! http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,4595570.story They are looking for "Latino in his 20s with short brown hair and a large black T-shirt." You fit that description, don't you?

7. rach2jlc

Under the Napoleonic code you do.... The victim was a nice guy. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves! http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,4595570.story They are looking for "Latino in his 20s with short brown hair and a large black T-shirt." You fit that description, don't you?
    I think you forgot to take your medication. I still haven't a clue what you're talking about, but I will just add that it's more than a little insulting to have you keep referring to "us" and then post links to murdered homeless men. I suppose you find it funny, but really it's not. Anyway, I guess it's the proverbial two ships passing in the middle of the night, but I think you are the ONLY one who finds this amusing. Anyway... /end thread for rach2jlc

8. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

In San Francisco, this guy would probably be able to claim squatter's rights by now. That is, if Orsini hadn't killed him.

9. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

That is actually a pretty sweet idea; I may try that if I ever lose my job.

You have my number, right? [​IMG]
    If the LAPD has the time to hide behind hedgerows in my neighborhood during every morning commute to hand out citations at Stop signs I believe they may have the time to fix this problem for you, God forbid we interrupt them from handing out frivolous tickets on behalf of local government quotas and make them conduct some real Police work.

I've seen enough accidents and near-accidents with people rolling through stop signs or trying to jump the line at a multi-way stop during morning commute hours to differ with you on whether such tickets are "frivolous".

10. Orsini

Orsini Senior member

In San Francisco, this guy would probably be able to claim squatter's rights by now. That is, if Orsini hadn't killed him.
    Not me! I was the one who advocated easing him out "nicely" (somehow), without getting in dutch with the DA, without motivating the guy to come back and burn your house down, without scewing up your Karma, while bing a gentleman, and with style...

11. Orsini

Orsini Senior member

I think you forgot to take your medication. I still haven't a clue what you're talking about, but I will just add that it's more than a little insulting to have you keep referring to "us" and then post links to murdered homeless men. I suppose you find it funny, but really it's not. Anyway, I guess it's the proverbial two ships passing in the middle of the night, but I think you are the ONLY one who finds this amusing. Anyway... /end thread for rach2jlc
    Murderer!

12. Orsini

Orsini Senior member

Yeah, Unlawful Detainer.... Then the bum would evict the OP....

13. Egdon Heath

Egdon Heath Senior member

This makes sense and I apologize if I seemed "bothered" or "angry" by your post. Thanks, though, for the clarification. God willing, none of us will be homeless but, these days, who knows???
    A postscript to my part in this thread:
    1. Thank you Rach2jlc for your reconsidered and thoughtful posts, often as answers to mine. Now get a pronouncable name.
    2. I had identified with Orsini in this thread because early on it seemed like we were of similar minds (and ages). I now disassociate myself because of his erratic, unclever and somewhat stupid postings here. Goodbye, Orsini; Rach2jlc's my buddy now.​

14. rach2jlc

Thank you Rach2jlc for your reconsidered and thoughtful posts, often as answers to mine. Now get a pronouncable name..[/indent]

Yeah, I agree with you that my screen name is both dull and hard to pronounce. Unfortunately, it is one that has been stuck to me since 1999 or so, when I started ebay and online forums. Like a lot of older posters, we never really expected to use the name that long and so didn't put much thought into it beyond something easy to remember. Mine is simply an homage to Rachmaninov's 2nd piano concerto (the "Rach2") followed by my initials "JLC."

I've had it so long now, I don't have the heart to change it! And, it's the same on every forum and ebay, so I think changing it would be confusing.

15. dl20

dl20 Senior member

Put up a banner on your carport that says "Free Blowjobs" and see if he still stays there.

dl

16. IUtoSLU

IUtoSLU Senior member

Put up a banner on your carport that says "Free Blowjobs" and see if he still stays there.

dl

[​IMG] [​IMG]

17. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

That's what you think, but it is still my garage, and you still need to pack up your tent and get the fuck out.

18. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

That's what you think, but it is still my garage, and you still need to pack up your tent and get the fuck out.
    I agree, and there would be no warm and friendly discussion.

19. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

I agree, and there would be no warm and friendly discussion.
    Thanks. Can you please convince Grimslade to leave my garage at once? I am late for work.

20. rach2jlc

Thanks. Can you please convince Grimslade to leave my garage at once? I am late for work.

Geesh, he's really hit bottom since manton dumped him...