• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homeland on Showtime.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So how did everyone like the 90 minute finale? :D

Loved it. Maj. Winters (Brody) did an amazing job at creating tension with that vest on. I kept anticipating the explosion. I think they handled it well as I just couldn't see the suicide vest ending his role at the end of season 1. Lastly, I've completely changed my mind about Claire Danes' performance. She is playing a crazy person so damn well. So well in fact that it makes the viewer uncomfortable. Perhaps it works too well! Great show, fantastic finale...now comes the hard part. Season 2 can't come quickly enough.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I liked the finale but I am afraid how they can make the second season better or even match the intensity the first season has created. There isn't going to be "what if's" or "is he really" questions since most of those have been answered.

Reborn

Reaction score

I liked the finale but I am afraid how they can make the second season better or even match the intensity the first season has created. There isn't going to be "what if's" or "is he really" questions since most of those have been answered.

A) She needs to work from outside the system.
B) It was pretty clear she is going to forget the connection she made just before she went under.
C) Once they find the body, everyone will think the threat is gone.
D) Once he wins the election, all of this will be even harder to prove.
E) Brody is the only person who can actually manipulate/convince her of anything.

That's a seasons worth of crap right there.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

A) She needs to work from outside the system.
B) It was pretty clear she is going to forget the connection she made just before she went under.
C) Once they find the body, everyone will think the threat is gone.
D) Once he wins the election, all of this will be even harder to prove.
E) Brody is the only person who can actually manipulate/convince her of anything.

That's a seasons worth of crap right there.

Eh, almost too predictable there. The first season was filled with mystery and intrigue. You don't know if he has turned then they made you believe he hasn't but then he actually was. Then he looks like he was out then he gets pulled back in. I just don't think they can deliver the same drama that made the show good. I'm optimistic though since I didn't see some of the things coming in the first season so I can't wait to see what happens next. I'll be tuning in for sure, I just don't want to be let down like other shows that had such a great first season.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:fu: the authors really played with our nerves in that one. Amazing. Still some unanswered questions : who leaked CIA information to Nazir ? Who's the mole - for a while, particularly in the finale here, I thought it was Saul. I'm still not sure it's not him.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

:fu: the authors really played with our nerves in that one. Amazing. Still some unanswered questions : who leaked CIA information to Nazir ? Who's the mole - for a while, particularly in the finale here, I thought it was Saul. I'm still not sure it's not him.

I don't think so. I'd go for the arab guy in the control room.

worakl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, there really hasn't been enough CIA-characters to make it worthwhile to reveal the whole mole-plot. I mean, at the moment there are only three people excluding Carrie, which would make a reveal slightly anti-climactic.

My hopes; they get two extra CIA-characters on, and play with the idea that one of them is the mole, but in the end it's still the arab guy.

Last edited:

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just caught up last night...finale was CRAY.

The video to start the episode where he's leaving his suicide note. **** was INTENSE. And like everyone said, the bunker scene when he finally flips the switch...WOW. I was expecting him to, at some point, have an epiphany but he was totally going to follow through with it.

I do have a couple complaints about the plot...

1) I just can't believe a guy would feel so strongly about getting vengeance for the death of a little boy that would completely **** over his wife/kids in the process. That sentiment just can't be realistic.

2) Was Nazir's plan for Brody and Walker to make sure the job got done by creating redundant attacks? That's the only logical conclusion since Brody truly thought Walker was dead the whole time. Then again..if Walker's goal was to take out the VP, why would Brody need to detonate the bomb other than to take out the remaining dignitaries? Their conversation in the tunnel sort of implied that they were working together...when Walker told him "You didn't get the job done" he knew the plan was "you shoot one person and I'll take them all out once we get past security and into the bunker". In reality, the first words out of Brody's mouth should have been "WTF...You were going to kill the VP TOO??!?". I don't know...this seemed kind of inconsistent.

Crap....I'm just remembering the house by the airport. Maybe the original plan was for Walker to take out the Prez at the airport and Brody, the VP? BUT...why would Nazir change plans such that he basically wastes two assets in one attack. I would send Walker back in hiding until I could get a shot on the president...not SNIPE then BLOW UP the VP.

Last edited:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

1) I just can't believe a guy would feel so strongly about getting vengeance for the death of a little boy that would completely **** over his wife/kids in the process. That sentiment just can't be realistic.

Have you heard of suicide bombers? They do just that because they feel that the cause is greater than their life or the loss of their life to their loved ones.

A key scene to help us understand where he is coming from is the field trip with his family and the speech about soldiers willing to lose their life for a cause they believe in - and then staring at the battlefield for an hour. He is trained a Marine, ready to die for his cause - so this is no different except that his cause has changed in the process.

2) Was Nazir's plan for Brody and Walker to make sure the job got done by creating redundant attacks? That's the only logical conclusion since Brody truly thought Walker was dead the whole time. Then again..if Walker's goal was to take out the VP, why would Brody need to detonate the bomb other than to take out the remaining dignitaries? Their conversation in the tunnel sort of implied that they were working together...when Walker told him "You didn't get the job done" he knew the plan was "you shoot one person and I'll take them all out once we get past security and into the bunker". In reality, the first words out of Brody's mouth should have been "WTF...You were going to kill the VP TOO??!?". I don't know...this seemed kind of inconsistent.

Walker was not shooting to kill the VP - he missed on purpose. He was shooting to trigger the migration of the whole group to the bunker which was the only way to (a) get all these important targets in one spot, and (b) get a suicide bomber in that location without the security screening because of the rush to cover.

Brody probably did not know that the sniper triggering the rush to cover was actually Walker - until Walker showed up on TV

Last edited:

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Walker was not shooting to kill the VP - he missed on purpose. He was shooting to trigger the migration of the whole group to the bunker which was the only way to (a) get all these important targets in one spot, and (b) get a suicide bomber in that location without the security screening because of the rush to cover.
Brody probably did not know that the sniper triggering the rush to cover was actually Walker - until Walker showed up on TV

i was going to answer the same, but the point about the airport shoot set-up was one i couldn't fit in. was that Plan A that was eventually discarded? was that a decoy? was that a dangling plot point? all signs point to the latter.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably multiple plans.

They have to leave some unanswered questions - it was the end of season 1 not the end of the show

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think that was a plan that was sabotaged when they found out about the professor that lived in the house.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think that was a plan that was sabotaged when they found out about the professor that lived in the house.

yeah, i got that part. but that plan seemed to be a fairly straightforward "pick off the VP". as danes repeated pointed out, the bad guys usually go for something more complicated and spectacular (like the eventual plot ... first shot sends everyone into a closed room/bomb wipes out half of government). maybe it is just a cliff hanger setting up next season.
i'll eta this, but could be a separate post: if anyone has ever had any experience with someone who was bipolar, clare danes was absolutely amazing. just heartbreaking.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads