1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Homeland on Showtime.

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by fir3fox, Oct 4, 2011.

1. gort

gort Senior member

Curious what's up with the dude Saul's wife was boning. They could either just make it a jealous ex angle or he was really trying to get in to spy on Saul all along.

2. davesmith

davesmith Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I think it's this one. I was thinking he was the bomber, but then he wasn't so now I'm thinking who the hell is he...

3. Schwazer

Schwazer Senior member

My sentiments too.

4. worakl

worakl Senior member

Why doesn't the director of the CIA have a proper security detail and why isn't his place of residence secure?

5. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

Seriously this show got so bad like a bad network drama

6. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

Writers need to do their damned research.

"Members of the CIA director’s security detail guard his office, but they are not inside with him at all times. They live in the basement of his private home, but they do not roam freely through the residence. They accompany him to personal and professional meetings, but they do not always go into the room. They protect his hotel suite, even deploying motion detectors in the hallway, but they do not step in uninvited. They ride in his agency-provided jet, but they are not usually inside his VIP cabin." (source)

I didn't know about this before I just looked, but you would at least expect there to be surveillance cameras on his property and entryways.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  7. gort

gort Senior member

Not to mention he wouldn't have conversations in his home worth surveiling......orrrrrr

8. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

Since this is styleforvm and all, does anyone know what kind of glasses Sen. Lockhart wears?

9. Schwazer

Schwazer Senior member

One of many, many flaws that appear in the series now.

Looks like it is Iran next week.

10. AldenPyle

AldenPyle Senior member

What is it with Showtime? Remember, in the first season, Dexter was also considered one of the best shows on TV. But after the second season, it became terrible. Tried to watch an episode or two of the final season for old times sake, but it was just painfully stupid. Doubt Homeland will make it that far.

11. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Dexter went on way too long. Anyway the series finale was god awful.

12. gort

gort Senior member

Latest homeland episode was quite good except for stupid Dana.

13. Ketawa

Ketawa Senior member

This show has become a complete mess. Does anyone even like Carrie anymore? I was actually happy when Quinn shot her. I hate the pregnancy plot twist. I guess we can't expect that Brody will die on his mission, since you have to figure he's going to find out about the pregnancy at some point.

Does Carrie even think before taking the most wanted man in America on a couple unauthorized field trips to a town in Virginia? Why does she assume that Dana wouldn't turn in Brody?

14. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

I was bitching about this the entire time. They can't risk Brody being seen. It's ridiculous.

15. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

Makes 24 look plausible

16. Schwazer

Schwazer Senior member

Why even risk other people in that town seeing Brody?

When they were talking the door was even left opened.

17. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Just started watching during the holiday break and burned through season 1 and half of season 2 already. Great show.

18. AldenPyle

AldenPyle Senior member

You are very lucky. Do yourself a favor and quit while you are ahead. The episodes beyond that point are so bad that they will taint what you have already seen

19. Schwazer

Schwazer Senior member

It goes downhill pretty much after the interrogation episode.

20. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

I just finished season two and enjoyed the whole thing. Perhaps when you binge watch, though, your standards are lower. You aren't waiting a week between episodes, so a slow-paced or less-than-stellar episode isn't too much of a drag—you just move onto the next one.