• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homeland on Showtime.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone like last night's episode? The whole thing had a sort of rushed feel to it. I really wish they would have handled the Nazir end better. Seemed so anti-climactic.
And what happens now to Saul?

I also wish the Abu Nazir thing was better.. Couldn't really take him alive though, unless they wanted to plan some mad escape plot..

Saul is very interesting.. He has been failing polygraphs from day 1!!

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
See, that's crap. I think they could have easily tasered his ass and sent him to guantanamo for torturing. they absolutely did not have to shoot him dead. hell, with 8 FBI swat guys you'd think someone would be an accurate enough shot to hit him in the shoulder or arm and make him drop the gun.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you also think they should have tasered Osama? Seriously though, teams like that are not trained to taser (I don't even think that's part of their gear) - Nazir knew exactly what they would do if he reached like he did, which is why he did it. Not to mention the guy just murdered their buddy and colleague down the hall... No, no they couldn't just taser the most wanted terrorist out there. That was the most realistic outcome.

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Do you also think they should have tasered Osama? Seriously though, teams like that are not trained to taser (I don't even think that's part of their gear) - Nazir knew exactly what they would do if he reached like he did, which is why he did it. Not to mention the guy just murdered their buddy and colleague down the hall... No, no they couldn't just taser the most wanted terrorist out there.

Obviously I know that. But this isn't exactly the same situation. They could easily have taken him alive for torturing. And, obviously, it would have done much more for the plot line!

worakl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously underwhelmed by that episode.

NEW WHINY THREAD!

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Am I the last person to realize Saul is Inigo Montoya? Light switch went on last night.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ha ha, 1st time in this thread because of that. Didn't know it was pointed out.

Last edited:

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

See, that's crap. I think they could have easily tasered his ass and sent him to guantanamo for torturing. they absolutely did not have to shoot him dead. hell, with 8 FBI swat guys you'd think someone would be an accurate enough shot to hit him in the shoulder or arm and make him drop the gun.

Obviously I know that. But this isn't exactly the same situation. They could easily have taken him alive for torturing. And, obviously, it would have done much more for the plot line!

Except what if he wasn't reaching for a gun and he had a bomb strapped on? He is a terrorist, after all. Ain't gonna try to wing him when they've got know idea what's under his jacket or shirt or what he's reaching for.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Except what if he wasn't reaching for a gun and he had a bomb strapped on? He is a terrorist, after all. Ain't gonna try to wing him when they've got know idea what's under his jacket or shirt or what he's reaching for.

meh. i get it. i just don't like it.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My first thought when they got Nazir cornered was he had a bomb strapped to him. When he reached for his jacket I was ready to roll my eyes if he blew himself and the goons up. Was a little glad they killed him (at least he wouldn't have another clever escape up his sleeve - wait, but do we know he's really dead :paranoia:?). Anyway part of me wonders if they kept it anti-climatic to mimic Carey's feelings (bitter-sweet - years chasing this guy, then he's dead and its over). I'm beginning to question the direction of the show as is it going to be come a Brody and Carey on the run, love story? Are they going to finagle more twists? I hope they wrap it up after season 3.

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What I don't understand is how they can realistically keep Saul's mouth shut. I mean, wont it take 1 phone call for them to know that Brody is a target and then what? As said above, on the run? Great, Bonnie and ******* Clyde.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

What I don't understand is how they can realistically keep Saul's mouth shut. I mean, wont it take 1 phone call for them to know that Brody is a target and then what? As said above, on the run? Great, Bonnie and ******* Clyde.

I think that's going to be the season (or series? does anyone know if its getting picked up?) finale: Saul, Carrie, and Brody on the run or fighting off Quinn.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh they're totally killing Saul in that finale. No doubt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics