1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Homeland on Showtime.

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by fir3fox, Oct 4, 2011.

1. fir3fox

fir3fox Senior member

Anyone watch this after Dexter?

I stayed tuned in and I liked it.

What freaked me out was that my wife recognized Carrie's boss as Inigo Montoya.

I didn't believe her until I looked it up.

2. gort

gort Senior member

I am definitely into this show. Hoping it stays interesting.

3. worakl

worakl Senior member

Continuous to impress! Also, the new couple are both really good actors, the cast on this show has to be the best in a while!

Too bad it has to compete with The Walking Dead though. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  4. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

Will be checking it out, but mostly for Damian Lewis. He was amazing in Life, and I felt that was cancelled all to early.

5. tricota

tricota Senior member

Yeah, Life was pretty damn awesome, but Claire Daines is the big draw for me. I think she is very good in this and the role is very different that what she is normally in. I like that and the show...

6. Van Veen

Van Veen Senior member

I'm digging this show so far, but I have a bad feeling that it comes off as too intellectual and will wind up cancelled on a cliffhanger.

7. gort

gort Senior member

Really liking this. Very mad they didn't get a camera in his garage to catch him doing his prayer.

8. worakl

worakl Senior member

That interrogation scene was [​IMG]

9. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

also diggin this show......:nodding:

10. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

Prefer Gigglos

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  11. gort

gort Senior member

Every episode I like this show more.

12. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Watched four episodes during the holiday. Was hooked nearly immediately. Too bad I have to go to my parents place to watch Showtime.

13. gort

gort Senior member

Ugh, this is really frustrating me.

I really like Brody and was breathing a sigh of relief when we were first being led to believe he was innocent and it was Walker who was bad. Now we are getting pulled back in the other direction to think they're both turned. Damn it. I wanted Brody to be on our side and help find Walker.

14. CTGuy

CTGuy Senior member

I am really enjoying it. There is some depth to Brody's character that is keeping me interested.

15. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I really like this show. I don't remember Claire Danes being that good, that intense in anything before. The secondary characters are great too. Good show

16. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

I find her performance somehow unsettling. I always thought she was a good actress but there's something about her in this role or how she portrays herself in this role that just doesn't work. It's not necessarily bad but it's not all that great either. However, a good story and interesting characters keep me watching every week. I just can't put my finger on it.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  17. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

I feel the same way. I suppose it's a testament to the writing & his performance that we feel so invested in his character. I want to like him so badly that I don't want him to be a bad guy. Maybe I can't let go of him as Maj. Dick Winters in Band of Brothers. Either way I really like the show.

18. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Are you saying you expect to be comforted by a character that has mental health issues? I don't love her character but I believe that's the point. She gets tunnel vision when she sets her sights on a goal and will step over anyone/thing to reach it. She rubs people the wrong way.

19. gort

gort Senior member

She is doing a great job of playing a batshit crazy CIA operative who is on antipsychotics IMHO. :)

She has these moments in the show where she'll put on this apologetic little girl face as if she is reverting to her adolescence when she knows she fucked up. It brings a vulnerability to her character.

20. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

My wife said the exact same thing...the fact that I see her as unsettling means that she's doing a great job. The more I think about it, you guys (and my wife) may very well be right. It is her facial expressions that seem...incongruous to me. Again, perhaps that's the point.

...now where did I leave my bottle of thorazine...?