1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Homebrewing Blog

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by kwilkinson, Dec 2, 2011.

1. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Well, I will be 100% upfront about this and say that it's the blog of someone I know. If that is considered :spam: feel free to ban me.

Anyway, it's a blog about homebrewing and his recipes, some of which have been received very well by competitions and other tastings.
    At first it all started off with him just posting recipes, but after I told him that he'd never get unique views unless he had some actual readable content, then he decided to post a couple of basic "101" style posts about beermaking.

His goal in this is to have the world's most popular beer blog that way he can stop being an IT nerd for a living, sign a book agreement, get a huge bookdeal, and retire to his lakehouse and never have to work for someone else again. All very real and attainable goals.

http://faraway-homebrew.blogspot.com/

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  2. Mr Herbert

Mr Herbert Senior member

will take a read - i have just started grain brewing at home