• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Home Theater

lpresq

Reaction score
I would like to replace my old Pioneer HTV-2 system. I am looking for a simple, but decent system, as I do not want speakers and wires running throughout my condo. What are your thoughts on the Pioneer system (Pioneer HTS-570) linked below? I'm concerned the sub will not be substantial......please offer your thoughts on this HT system as well as any other recommendations you wish to share. Fwiw, I have a 43" Pio Plasma, so I would like something to match, if possible. Thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...X0DER&v=glance

bkk

Reaction score
What's your budget? I'd look more toward one of the sound bars such as the Yamaha YSPs or Polk SurroundBar (passive or active flavor)

lpresq

Reaction score
I would like to keep it under $500 unless something amazing is available. I'm looking for a quality, yet relatively simple system without speakers and wires flooded throughout. Thanks!

bkk

Reaction score
What equipment do you currently have? The Yamaha can be found on eBay for ~$500. You would still need a DVD player, but everything else would be taken care of. If you already have a receiver, the Polk SurroundBar can be found for less money.

lpresq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bkk
What equipment do you currently have? The Yamaha can be found on eBay for ~$500. You would still need a DVD player, but everything else would be taken care of. If you already have a receiver, the Polk SurroundBar can be found for less money.

Currently, I have a 43" Pioneer Plasma, DVD player, and a Pioneer HTV-2 (sound bar with 10" sub) for surround. However, the left channel on the HTV-2 just went out, so I need a new ht system. Im not really looking to buy a receiver and adding ss speakers, as I do not want speakers and cable wire everywhere; however, I would like a top-notch, relatively speaking, system.

The sound bar units I've looked at only have a 6.5" sub. It seems such would not provide nearly enough punch.

bkk

Reaction score
$500 budget and trying to not have wires don't work out well together. If you go up to $800, there's a Panasonic HTiB with Blu Ray and wireless rear speakers. It sounds quite good for what it is, but its not exactly earth shattering sound quality.

turboman808

Reaction score
In the middle of putting together what has turned into a whole new system. I am not going to be doing surround sound though. Going back to stereo and using tube amps. Found the right amp(jolida 502BRC) now I am trying to figure out what speakers I should get.

lpresq

Reaction score
Fwiw, I purchased a Yamaha YSP-1100BL Digital Sound Projector along with a Yamaha YST-SW225Advanced Yst II QD-Bass Subwoofer. Anyone care to offer their opinion on the combo?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads