• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Home Office Design Help

tbgrant

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm about to start redoing my home office, and after drawing up a few renderings, I just think the space is a little too cold. I'm pretty much bound to the furniture that's in there(the actual furniture I'm using), as I've already ordered a large part of it. Interior design really isn't my specialty, so I always have a hard time making a space look cohesive and match the picture that I have in my head. Mainly, I think the space is lacking a little 'warmness', but I don't want to lose the contemporary style that I love. This being a style forum, I figure that a lot of you will have good suggestions for wall color, plants, art, and other details. I've posted a few shots of one rendering below:

Last edited:

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Would have been much more conductive to planning if you asked before buying everything....

Tht being said, what I see is an Eames lounge lost in space, a rug that needs to find a home, the credenza so far away from your desk that you will not use it and a book shelf that you'll likely back your chair into more than you will use for reference.

So I would swap the bookshelf and the big blue painting, move the credenza behind your desk for easy reference, move the eames lounge out to the middle of the circle rug if there is the room for it and call it a day since no other items can be specified.

If I had my way I would remove the sofa altogether, replace it with the eames lounge. Replace the mini-fridge with a fully stocked bar cart. Swap the L shape desk for a smaller steel or glass desk. Add a Brno or Eames aluminum group guest chair. Ditch the rug, add a side table and floor lamp for the eames lounge. You'll likely have a drink while sitting in that chair so, but you won't always have the tv on, so you need a floor lamp for reading. Something like the bestlite or Jacobsen. In addition to the bookshelf/credenza swap.

jonathanmathew

Reaction score
Well i would suggest you to have a sky blue color at your wall with not much bright yellow curtains as it would make your office room look pleasant. For Bathroom Furniture you will need to search on internet as you would require many large cabinets.

Last edited:

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about a bookshelf to make it a warm feeling?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads