• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Home Made Sausage, Cured, and Smoked Meats

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of Costco I got some bad news yesterday. I went down specifically to get a ribeye cap and they had none out. I rang the bell to speak with one of the butchers and...they don't do that anymore. He said he's pissed off about it as he used to buy them too.

:(
I got some caps a little while back and saw them last weekend.

but it had been many months since I last saw them before that…seems more like it is just an inconsistent thing.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I got some caps a little while back and saw them last weekend.

but it had been many months since I last saw them before that…seems more like it is just an inconsistent thing.
Saw them at local Costco yesterday

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Making some pork for my dads bday tomorrow. Time to sleep for 12-14 hours.
4678DDCC-CD00-4370-971C-B8E98B5F67E0.jpeg D34DBAFE-E0D0-4C18-AD33-5314D1D1DF09.jpeg 5D9F46C8-42AE-49D0-BF8B-7E636E872F3B.jpeg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
They are valiant machines.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
LOL. Like he's getting into Texas Tech?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How do you win at meat judging :confused2:
You judge and grade various dead cows. Whichever team judges the most beef carcasses correctly wins. We're the best at it. I'm guessing a lot of the prime, choice, select steaks eaten in the US have been graded by a Texas Tech graduate. The USDA recruits a lot from the Texas Tech team.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You judge and grade various dead cows. Whichever team judges the most beef carcasses correctly wins. We're the best at it. I'm guessing a lot of the prime, choice, select steaks eaten in the US have been graded by a Texas Tech graduate. The USDA recruits a lot from the Texas Tech team.

Heimlich County > Tech all day long.

Reactions: otc

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a neighborhood barbecue for the holiday. Decided to mix it up and do something different so pork belly inspired snacks
D3FC430B-2977-43AF-91B7-EF04C4079BB3.jpeg

Up first - A “bacon brisket” inspired by Dayne’s in FTW. Pork belly that I hit with Meat Church Holy Cow and just a little bit of Kosmos Honey Killer Bee. Smoked until probe tender and then rested for an hour or so and sliced prior to heading to the yard. Left overs made for some killer tacos.
18977367-0DD2-4A5C-95A3-440EBD99E250.jpeg
89728229-E398-40D2-A7E6-BDCA77727A06.jpeg

Next up I did “pork belly burnt ends” - These guys I cubed up and coated with Chipotle Killer Honey Bee. I smoked them on the grate for about 2.5 hours and then transferred them to an aluminum tray. Covered them with tin foil and then let them go for another 3 hours or so (basically as long as the bacon brisket needed to get to tender. Cranked the KJ up to 350 or so and switched them to another tray without the fat. Mopped with a Apple Cherry Habanero rib glaze with Mikes Hot Honey mixed in for 10 minutes uncovered or so.
0737E637-D121-4DF4-8DBC-A9BC2A5F8B8E.jpeg

I forgot to get a picture of them glazed before everyone dove in. These were the star of the barbecue and we’re super easy to cook and equally important to portion out for folks to just grab or stab with a fork so I wasn’t slicing on the fly. 10/10 would recommend.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads