• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Home Made Sausage, Cured, and Smoked Meats

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got both in the oven on warm now. Wagyu came off around 3:30am and prime came off just now, 6:15ish. The prime was a couple pounds heavier, so that sounds about right. I also pulled the wagyu around 193 and the prime at 198. Planning on serving them around 4pm, so this should simulate keeping them in the oven overnight. If they suck, I will pretend this never happened.

20210724_062211.jpg
20210724_062218.jpg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Damn, Bear, how many people you having over? A super-spreader event?

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn, Bear, how many people you having over? A super-spreader event?

Ha, I'm having father in law over for his birthday tonight and my mom and step-dad are having a birthday party at the same time that I'm delivering food to. Am I the greatest son in the world? Probably, but you will never hear me say it (although my mom is pissed I didn't "reserve" her birthday).

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha, I'm having father in law over for his birthday tonight and my mom and step-dad are having a birthday party at the same time that I'm delivering food to. Am I the greatest son in the world? Probably, but you will never hear me say it (although my mom is pissed I didn't "reserve" her birthday).
When are you having your SF fambly over?

KarlHungus

Reaction score
Stuck at home all day due to a typhoon (that's a hurricane for all you non-Asia dwellers, or a tropical cyclone for those of you not into the whole brevity thing), so figured I'd try my hand at smoking a brisket. Doing this on a (faux) Weber kettle grill on my balcony. So far no one has called the police on me. Will post pictures of final product if it's a success/if the building is still standing.
IMG_20210725_185239_Bokeh.jpg

KarlHungus

Reaction score
Stuck at home all day due to a typhoon (that's a hurricane for all you non-Asia dwellers, or a tropical cyclone for those of you not into the whole brevity thing), so figured I'd try my hand at smoking a brisket. Doing this on a (faux) Weber kettle grill on my balcony. So far no one has called the police on me. Will post pictures of final product if it's a success/if the building is still standing.
Turned out ok, not the juiciest brisket ever but taste is decent and no incidents involving the fire brigade, so can't complain.
IMG_20210725_205256.jpg
IMG_20210726_120548.jpg

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Somehow I pulled off this hotel room BBQ thing. There were a few missteps along the way, but overall a huge success. The sous vide pulled pork turned out great. (24 hours at 165... my hotel room smelled great... then into an ice bath and reheated on the grill w/ some apple chunks)

Did some marinated beef (sirloin) and chicken thigh "kebabs" that were a big hit.

And given the hotel parking lot situation, I had to do some improvising... used a charcoal chimney as an ad-hoc camp stove.

If I ever do this again, I have learned that this is definitely a meat crowd and not a sides crowd. I have at least a weeks worth of tomato cucumber salad to take home, and that’s after giving some away.

Here are the two pics I remembered to take...

CCC0DB6D-D53F-4190-8A87-2D0C7EFCB6D2.jpeg
FF19B2CD-9F12-41F8-8699-4596F972243E.jpeg

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And I managed to break even, which I did not expect. (Helps to have an off-duty state trooper to collect money from people.) Actually did a little better than breaking even, but I left the rest as a tip for housekeeping since turns out using your hotel room as a prep kitchen makes a god damned mess.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Glad my idea of meat on sticks was popular. They really are just the thing for situations like that.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yoder is in, just threw some baby backs in there at 225, will report back when they are done. I ordered it assembled but this was a curbside delivery, took four of us to get this 400+pound beast up to the deck. So far, build quality lives up to the price, haven’t set up the WiFi yet and we’ll see in a few hours how well it cooks.

D8DFA262-F0A2-43BF-9A7F-1044A6FDE8C1.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads