• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Home Made Sausage, Cured, and Smoked Meats

beargonefishing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Briskets pulled after 7.5 hours and moved to oven at 170. I put some of pio's finishing sauce and covered pans wit foil. Cooked really fast. I usually cook at 225 and trim lightly. This time I cooked at 250 and removed almost the entire fat seperating the point and flat, as well as trimmed fat cap much more aggressively. We shall see the results in a few hours. I will leave in oven at 170 for at least 2 hours before cutting or eating. Here is the one bitch in the house demanding brisket now damnit.

20200315_130731.jpg

beargonefishing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't get cocky, I should have said to myself. I slightly overcooked this one. Still taste pretty damn good, but I can't stand not nailing it. Always use a damn remote meat thermometer. When I first checked the temp it was already around 210.

20200315_170056.jpg
20200315_170509.jpg
20200315_170040.jpg

Van Veen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never done a brisket. Maybe I will use my mandatory time off to try it. (I wanted to make homemade corned beef, but I don't have the fridge space.)

beargonefishing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never done a brisket. Maybe I will use my mandatory time off to try it. (I wanted to make homemade corned beef, but I don't have the fridge space.)
Do it! It's all about the quality of meat so find a prime brisket. If you're not confident, try it on a choice brisket first.

Texasmade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You guys get your meat locally? or order online?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Locally from a variety of vendors. I don't think I've ever ordered grilling/smoking meat online.

Texasmade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys get your meat locally? or order online?
I’ve ordered Pat LaFrieda online before. It was total fucking garbage. I wouldn’t order online unless it was basic cheap cuts. If you want nice prime or dry aged stuff by locally.

beargonefishing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree it's best to buy local, but you can get some good deals on wagyu online. I've used snake river farms, and will probably order some A5 from crowdcow in the near future since I don't want to drive 100 miles to get it.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Someone in my neighborhood put their charbroil kamado to the curb. I have wanted a kamado and i know the charbroil isn't a ceramic but I've figured it's a good entry point.

However it's a bit too far to walk it and being used i don't have a way to transport it gracefully....decisions......

beargonefishing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone in my neighborhood put their charbroil kamado to the curb. I have wanted a kamado and i know the charbroil isn't a ceramic but I've figured it's a good entry point.

However it's a bit too far to walk it and being used i don't have a way to transport it gracefully....decisions......
Rent a person to help.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.