• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Home Made Sausage, Cured, and Smoked Meats

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
The sausages are submerged in the beans and broth. They come out so tender and flavourful it's a crime.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh my god I need cassoulet now.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:crazy:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
E0DA0F50-2745-4D84-96A0-AFE389471B1B.jpeg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
It turned out pretty damn good. The all important crust of rendered gelatin was dark and thick, coating the skin on the ducks legs, as well as all the exposed top of the bean/veggie melange. The skin was super crispy and it took a serving spoon and pair of tongs to lift the legs without falling apart as they were so tender.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
17.5 lb Wagyy brisket trimmed and rub applied. I trimmed more aggressively than usual for no reason other than I was having fun. Probably took 2lbs off.

I'm freezing the fat to incorporate into something down the road. No idea what I'm going to do with it, so if someone has suggestions I would love to hear. Thought about some ground beef for burgers and mixing with a cheap cut of other wagyu.

20191123_154724.jpg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
You need a dedicated grinder. Ain't nothing like grinding 10# of meat in a few minutes. Save that fat for ground beef or maybe try making some sausages (after you buy your grinder.)

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need a dedicated grinder. Ain't nothing like grinding 10# of meat in a few minutes. Save that fat for ground beef or maybe try making some sausages (after you buy your grinder.)

That was my thought, tell the wife it's a waste of money to throw it out and we need a grinder.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This is the kind of stuff I pray to find at thrift stores. They have no idea how to price it.

I’m considering getting the Kitchen Aid attachment, which I know isn’t ideal but it’s cheaper and smaller.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The metal KitchenAid one is decent, especially if you want to do small batches.

I have a hand crank #10 grinder and it will blow through meat fast (no need to go electric... And easier to put the whole thing in the freezer pre-grind). But if you just want a pound or two, you end up with a lot of waste.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I regret that I have but one like to give.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads