Home Made Sausage, Cured, and Smoked Meats

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Piobaire, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

The thing with sausage making is that your attention to detail, every little fucking one, is wildly important. Nailing 99% of the details but missing out on that tiny little piece could blow your entire sausage.

And no, there's no chance you'd taste my foie by the time you came lol. That's at the hot apps station now, and garde manger when it's torchon. Garde Manger might be a station I could run in 6 months, but hot apps is one of the higher spots in our brigade, so it'd be at least a year before I got there.

BTW, as always, I'm loving your beef sticks.

I am happy you are enjoying the pictures of my beef stick. I hope to have one in your mouth at some point.

So, come Cyrus, it's caviar or nothing from Kyle for me?

2. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

I am happy you are enjoying the pictures of my beef stick. I hope to have one in your mouth at some point.
    [​IMG]

At this point, it looks like I may still be on prep at that point. Which fucking BLOWS but I am patiently biding my time and trying to get better every day and put in the facetime with the chefs. If I am in fact still working prep, I'll make sure I stay through service that night and at least prepare your first and second courses, given that we aren't all in the shits. Usually when I stay, I'm allowed to run the station for the first seating, so I should be able to at least do something.

3. Piobaire

[​IMG]

At this point, it looks like I may still be on prep at that point. Which fucking BLOWS but I am patiently biding my time and trying to get better every day and put in the facetime with the chefs. If I am in fact still working prep, I'll make sure I stay through service that night and at least prepare your first and second courses, given that we aren't all in the shits. Usually when I stay, I'm allowed to run the station for the first seating, so I should be able to at least do something.

Seating at 7. Is that first or between first and second?

4. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Seating at 7. Is that first or between first and second?
    Late in the first. Either way, I'll make sure I at least make all 4 of your party's first two courses.

5. Piobaire

Late in the first. Either way, I'll make sure I at least make all 4 of your party's first two courses.

Noice!

Should I bring your bottles to Cyrus are you going to meet up with us for a drink somewhere else?

6. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Oh shit, I forgot about that. I had planned to meet you guys at the hotel for a drink beforehand. Well, whatever happens happens. Don't bring them to Cyrus. We'll work something out fo shizzles.

7. Piobaire

Oh shit, I forgot about that. I had planned to meet you guys at the hotel for a drink beforehand. Well, whatever happens happens. Don't bring them to Cyrus. We'll work something out fo shizzles.

We're just chilling around the town on Sunday. Can meet up any time that day. Want to be ready for that tasting menu + grand pairings.

8. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

This threak is seriously making me consider going over to the dark side, vegetarianism that is.. [​IMG]

9. Piobaire

This threak is seriously making me consider going over to the dark side, vegetarianism that is.. [​IMG]

You don't like it, the beef stick in your mouth?

10. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

You don't like it, the beef stick in your mouth?

[​IMG]

11. Piobaire

Taking a break from it, the sausage.

In a few weeks, I'll be doing either a smoked salami or a pate. Leaning towards the pate.

12. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Taking a break from it, the sausage.

In a few weeks, I'll be doing either a smoked salami or a pate. Leaning towards the pate.

You like smoking, the, salami?

13. Piobaire

You like smoking, the, salami?

I like it more, the pate.

14. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Lifestyle change - no homo

MMMmmmmmmm

15. Cavalier

Cavalier Senior member

Awesome thread; this is something I will be doing when I get older with out a doubt. I remember my father making sausages and taking me to a Chicago south side butcher to pick up supplies [​IMG]