• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Home furnishings/interior design

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
(tiger02 @ Jan. 10 2005,20:10) Roy, just got to thinking you might be able to help me out here. Â I *despise* German furniture. Â I've seen two couches since I've been here that had been designed well; one cost 10K euro and the other was Italian. Â Would you be able to point me to any furniture 'centers' within a few hours of Frankfurt? Â I'm looking for, as others have said before me, clean lines and minimalism. Â I like a little bit more of a traditional look than what seems to be popular here ( as found at Moebel Martin and others) with exposed wood frames and soft leather. Â Not looking for truly top end stuff, more in the range of 1-3K euro for a couch. Â Thanks much, and everyone feel free to chime in. Tom
The only thing I could think of was Natuzzi, they make very decent stuff in a whole range of designs. They are also readily available throughout Europe. This is their German site: http://de.natuzzi.com/ They have quite a few dealers in the vicinity of Frankfurt: Dealers in Frankfurt
Thanks Roy, that looks great. I'm going to be in Frankfurt this weekend, take a look at Natuzzi then. Tom

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with LA Guy. I was fascinated that the first few posts to this thread kept mentioning modern design (not that there is anything wrong with it) For me, one of the great things about the Style Forum, is the collective desire to eschew most trendiness-for-trendiness'-sake. I happen to be really interested in the Craftsman/Art & Crafts style, whose philosophy (yes, there is such thing as furniture philosophy) was developed mainly by William Morris in England, which held that the virtues of interior design (watch how closely these follow the goals of the Style Forum) were: 1. Expert design 2. Craftsmanship 3. High quality, natural materials 4. Utility 5. Value If anyone is interested in learning more, www.style1900.com and www.ambungalow.com are good starting points.
Those two pictures I posted earlier hold all the values you mention. The furniture featured in them was made by Treca de Paris. It was handmade from A to Z and the craftsmanship is simply unbelievable. I've visited their factory and it is simply astonishing how they work. It is also one of the few remaining manufacturers that can work to the millimeter if it is required.

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am looking for this Italian manufacturer of Walk-in closets and Wardrobe room systems. I've found their site several months ago by accident but i've lost the bookmark in a computer crash.

Their products have a fairly modern appearance, very simple but elegant designs. Unfortunately I can not remember their name. Is their anyone who can help me out?

cimabue

Reaction score
Use great care in selecting the stuff you put in your living space. What you surround yourself with affects your mood, your thinking, whether you are comfortable and comforted, made anxious or feel indifferent. Furniture and art are important. I'd rather invest in decent art and furniture than almost anything else, including my car and my clothing. You can make a one-bedroom flat a palace if you choose well. You are living well if you have good books, good art and good friends.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely skip DWR. They aren't even selling authentics anymore, but it is not like their prices came down when they went to knock-offs. Plus their "designs" aren't as good as the originals.

They have said they would stop copying, but the new CEO even hedged that language.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by akatsuki
Definitely skip DWR. They aren't even selling authentics anymore, but it is not like their prices came down when they went to knock-offs. Plus their "designs" aren't as good as the originals. They have said they would stop copying, but the new CEO even hedged that language.
Design Within Reach If You Won the Lotto

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to live really close to his store in LA : www.jfchen.com -Support your local Asian owned biz! Personally, I have a love for Indonesian architecture. It's so spacious and the furniture aren't meant to be decorative. Everything was built with a purpose, from "green" materials. Would be nice to have some Persian belly dancing servants who can double as my girlfriends on the weekend.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads