• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Home bar.

The Wayfarer

Reaction score
On the topic of personal bars, I've been thinking about investing into a liquor cabinet or something of the sort. Any suggestions on a bar set-up that works well, looks elegant, and won't bust the bank?

As for functionality, I need something that can hold my glass and stemware, liquor collection, bar tools, and has a wine rack.

The Wayfarer

Reaction score
A stand alone unit with bar stools and wall-shelving is what seems most ideal. I've a fair mid-century modern collection, and would be looking for something in much the same vein. Here's an example of a stand alone, island sort of bar I'm referring to (but obviously not so gaudy, I don't live in a club sadly):
So something to that effect with wall shelving. Any suggestions on where such a thing can be purchased? Not much found on IKEA.com and CrateandBarrel.com.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amazon sells bars, if you can believe it! http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=12263382...rds=home%20bar I'd think any option where the bar top is curved would add immensely to the elegance (like the Powell in the above link, though obviously not modern in style), and the functionality if you are putting it against a wall (are you, or free-standing?) and have stools. Otherwise, it would need a wide top to keep one from feeling hemmed in by the shelving. Mirrors are still great. ~ H

goodlife

Reaction score
We have one similar to this

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family...c=14084&f=8901

Ours came from Marshall Fields (pre Macys) and is made of solid wood. The detailing is a little different and the top does not fold out though. It is really nice because it sits against the wall and does not draw too much attention until you open it up.

You may also consider a vintage mid-century credenza, which could be fitted with modular bar accessories like wine cubes and stemware hangers.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 31 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 276 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.6%
  • 31 - 40