1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Holy retail sales, Batman!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by The_Foxx, May 29, 2005.

1. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

A my planned trip to visit Vegas with friends (they have a condo there.) didn't work out....which was probably financially for the better, anyway....I took a short trip to Scottsdale.

Talk about sales-- oh, my sweet Lord....

Burberry store, LOTS of stuff on sale (got a great polo shirt, but could have really loaded up on the sale merchandise)

Ralph Lauren store, I think every Purple Label item in the store was on sale....the RLPL polo shirts i like to wear to work were marked down from $145 to $97, only thing i bought this trip.

Neiman Marcus has a huge, huge amount of merchandise on sale-- pre-sale, actually-- you pick out the items you want, they write down your NM card number, and you actually 'purchase' the items on Thursday when the sale begins. There was a ton of Oxxford stuff (everything from ties, shirts, lots of sportcoats and suits), Brioni suits, ties, shirts, a ton of shoes on sale from Ferragamo and other brands-- wowee. if you're near a NM location, highly encourage you to check it out.

Too bad Morton's of Chicago wasn't having a sale on steaks saturday night....oh, well-- got the hotel room at a great discount, so i shouldn't complain.

2. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

the Neiman Marcus sale officially begins June 3rd, guys-- really worth checking out. Also, just rec'd a card in the mail that the Stanley Korshak sale in Dallas on on this week-- it might be worth a phone call to see if any Lobb shoes or other items of interest are on sale in your size.

3. cuffthis

cuffthis Senior member

You should have skipped Morton's and went to Cowboy Ciao on Steston Dr. One of the best wine bars in the country, with food to match.