Holy Grail Items

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Theory, Dec 17, 2008.

1. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

[​IMG] And a bespoke dinner jacket would be nice too... if only

2. MiniW

MiniW Senior member

^H&M merino wool is hella slim

this sweater is my holy grail: [​IMG]

that's funny I have that picture saved on my computer too. I went for the look with some uniqlo red jeans but they never fitted right. It was a complete failure.

BTW I've seen some suede distressed chukkas like the Paul Smith ones from J Crew, however the J crew ones had crepe soles (but can also be had for far less).

Also if you are really seriously considering the Rick Owens jacket, you may want to check out black scissors for a custom one. I own two of their jackets and the cut is really amazing. Of course whether you believe that they are rip-offs or not, it is personal opinion. If that's not a concern, then I really don't think there is a better or cheaper alternative as of now to get that Rick Owens looks without spending the $1.4K

3. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Bespoke shoes from Dmitry Gomez or Lobb Paris, style tbd.

Bespoke suit and jacket from somebody rad. Rubinacci maybe, or or maybe someone more local like Jack Taylor. Taylor would be pretty cool actually, as it would probably be flashy and he's gotta be knockin on heaven's door at this point.

4. mainy

mainy Senior member

that's funny I have that picture saved on my computer too. I went for the look with some uniqlo red jeans but they never fitted right. It was a complete failure.

BTW I've seen some suede distressed chukkas like the Paul Smith ones from J Crew, however the J crew ones had crepe soles (but can also be had for far less).

Also if you are really seriously considering the Rick Owens jacket, you may want to check out black scissors for a custom one. I own two of their jackets and the cut is really amazing. Of course whether you believe that they are rip-offs or not, it is personal opinion. If that's not a concern, then I really don't think there is a better or cheaper alternative as of now to get that Rick Owens looks without spending the $1.4K

Yeah, I have a black scissors jacket that is a copy of a dior design, and while the fit is sick and it's pretty good for the money, it doesn't really compare to the materials / construction used in the legit RO jackets. I got to try one on the other week in person, and I almost fell over with lust. I see them on SF occasionally for around a grand, so I will probably just save up and buy one. Sigh...

5. Lel

Lel Senior member

I would also, later on in my life, like a bespoke tuxedo I made except with extra jackets (each with different stylings). I would opt for a classic 1 button peak lapel, 1 button shawl, and some kind of ivory DJ but I'm not sure exactly how I would prefer it (shawl, peak, black contrast lapel, SB, DB, etc). I would also like a matching low cut vest in black made along with having a black cummerbund. I think that would satisfy most, if not all, my black tie needs. Not sure exactly yet on the maker but a respectable one that nods towards a more modern cut (as I am outside the usual range of sizes), perhaps Spencer Hart?

6. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

Tried that one on at the store. The blue gator strap is really difficult to wear in real life, and the in-house movement on the 5001 makes the watch really thick. The non-power reserve version (I forgot the reference number) with a brown or black gator is a nicer watch.

The holy grail for me right now would be an IWC 3717 (on leather) as posted earlier, or even more ambitiously, I would go for the IWC Top Gun.

Tried it on too, several times as a matter of fact. I like the robustness of this piece. The non-power reserve version is the Portuguese Chrono, a good watch by all means, but somehow the layout of the subdials (up and down) which cuts the numbers 12 and 6 doesn't appeal to me. I also like the extra 2mm in size. I agree with the blue straps, but then it's gonna be easy changing those later on. [​IMG] Anyway, with the shitty economy and all that baby's gonna have to wait a long while.

7. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

Dark red suede motorcycle jacket.

8. Gradstudent78

Gradstudent78 Senior member

Still looking for that perfect peacoat. Not sure I can describe it, but I'll know it when I see it :)

9. Lel

Lel Senior member

Dark red suede motorcycle jacket.

Ooh.

On the topic of Holy Grail items, it's always been an idea of mine to take relatively common well fitted pieces and change them into uncommon colors and textures. Lately I've been leaning towards suede a lot.

10. Cali

Cali Senior member

Still looking for that perfect peacoat. Not sure I can describe it, but I'll know it when I see it :)

You and Potter Stewart [​IMG]

11. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Crocodile jacket.

12. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

My holy grail clothing item? A 100 percent cashmere slim fit suit with a shawl lapel. Dont think there ever was one created and if they do im sure it will be like 5000 dollars.

A waxed black overdye indigo japanese denim cargo-style slim jean in a 21 oz, rainbow weft (like sc) 38 inch inseam. Dont know if theyll ever make one.

13. trajan

trajan Senior member

14. shade449

shade449 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have a black scissors jacket that is a copy of a dior design, and while the fit is sick and it's pretty good for the money, it doesn't really compare to the materials / construction used in the legit RO jackets. I got to try one on the other week in person, and I almost fell over with lust. I see them on SF occasionally for around a grand, so I will probably just save up and buy one. Sigh...

I'm in the same boat, except with the reverse pattern (black on bottom, white on top). If I saw it on the other SF for 1k it will be very very hard for me to stop myself from getting it and not eating for a month.

15. mainy

mainy Senior member

I'm in the same boat, except with the reverse pattern (black on bottom, white on top). If I saw it on the other SF for 1k it will be very very hard for me to stop myself from getting it and not eating for a month.

It wouldn't have to be the two tone for me, shit, I'd probably take just one of the basic black ones. Maybe after I pay tuition for this semester... I should probably buy a car first though. Damn.