• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Holster... for fashion

manifest v

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get myself a holster or holster-like attachment (around the chest and strapped on one shoulder) for an alternative to fanny packs and messenger bags.

Thanks.

xcoldricex

Reaction score
i looked into this before. most holsters have holes for the muzzle though. so they aren't very useful as a bag.

Jetta

Reaction score
I would imagine that something like that would end up getting you into a lot more trouble than its worth. Definately don't keep your wallet or license in there if you dont want to get shot while reaching for your license.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Gas mask bags and military shoulder bags might be a better option. Many of them have a shoulder strap and a wrap around strap to keep them from flopping around while you move.

Here's one example: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=137479
That site has lots of other stuff like that as well. My friend cobbled one together from a shoulder strap to one thing along with a US M-16 magazine pouch. And the gas mask bag is pretty much standard hipster gear by now.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time visualizing this without seeing Gareth from the (original) Office....

"Would you switch places with Donna, please?"
"No."
"Do as you're told."
"Why, what are you going to do, phone me?"

manifest v

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
I'm having a hard time visualizing this without seeing Gareth from the (original) Office....

"Would you switch places with Donna, please?"
"No."
"Do as you're told."
"Why, what are you going to do, phone me?"

-bwahahaaa!

Oh and I would actually wear this - outside of my jackets... I just think that it'd be cool and stable to have two straps... like some messenger bags have. Thanks for your helpful messages. I've become super gleefull since I changed from lurking to posting on the site... I've also started see the credit card warm up lately... (thanks coldrice).

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With cell phone holder for 20 bucks? Looks like I know what my next purchase will be.

I think along this train of thought, a hip bag type thing (like Red Moon) would be the best.

Damn, it seems like I mention Red Moon in every post I make, I guess I am that in love.
inlove.gif

xcoldricex

Reaction score
should i expect an email from you soon?
biggrin.gif
don't be cheap this time around!

rnrswitch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jetta
I would imagine that something like that would end up getting you into a lot more trouble than its worth. Definately don't keep your wallet or license in there if you dont want to get shot while reaching for your license.

Yeah just ask amadou diallo. 45 times for his wallet. I think his wallet had a bomb in it. You probably don't have to worry about this problem if you are white though. I think you get the benefit of the doubt in that case.

Hawkeye

Reaction score
I would try an army navy store, my friend is a photo assistant, and I remember him talking about getting one to hold the light meter while at work because they are a perfect fit. So apparently all the guys at his work get them at army/navy surplus stores.

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xcoldricex
should i expect an email from you soon?
biggrin.gif
don't be cheap this time around!

Probably not. It is not as much a matter of being cheap, but a matter of not having the money to spend on it. I had surgery as soon as school was out, and I am unable to work for 6 weeks. I am only on week 3. I won't even waste your time emailing for a quote, as crude math would say this would be about $400, and for that kind of money, I could do a lot of things, like high class hookers for once.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads