• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

holograms not enough?

lostpygmy

Reaction score
I know a lot of ppl in this forum arent big fans of couture brands. I dont really like them either when im looking for suits. etc but I'm a big fan of couture jeans. A lot of couture brands now have holograms on them to prevent counterfeiting

It really doesn't look like this is real but can it be? It has the authenticity hologram but every other sign says its a fake.. am i wrong?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mens-D-G-Dolce-G...QcategoryZ1148 3QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/GJ25-Dolce-Gabba...QQcmdZViewItem
other items like this are all over ebay.

Spencer Young

Reaction score
I'd be very suspicious. There's no pictures of anything that confirms authenticity (certificates, holograms, etc). The seller's feedback is private. He's selling many other 'couture' brands in batches - D&G pieces spanning many different sizes, at a low starting bid. My thoughts are that he's getting knockoffs from Turkey. Unless he can come up with something that proves its authenticity, I'd say assume that they're fake.

otterhound

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spencer Young
The seller's feedback is private.
Man, I didn't even know this was an option on ebay. If that isn't a red flag, I don't know what is.

Babar

Reaction score
Those jeans look more chav than couture if you ask me

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Links aren't working for me, but there are plenty of fake items out there with "authentication" holograms. Holograms are dirt-cheap these days.

Anything that might be given away in a box of cereal should not be trusted as an authentication device.

lostpygmy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Babar
Those jeans look more chav than couture if you ask me

haha thats why i said every other sign says they look fake

nomovement

Reaction score
what if they're real? you wouldn't wear those in public would you? Let's try to make the perfect outfit with those jeans as a starting point.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Link finally worked.

This guy does a lot of selling, private feedback or not, but what really sketches me out is that the "item is located in Europe" although the account is Canadian and yet they won't ship to Canada?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 267 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.9%
  • 31 - 40