1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Holland and Sherry Viceroy flannel swap/trade

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by oscarthewild, Nov 10, 2006.

1. oscarthewild

oscarthewild Senior member

Hello, I have 4 yards of Holland and Sherry Viceroy flannel that has a selvedge that reads: Viceroy Super 100's Luxury Worsted Holland & Sherry Savile Row London.. So I am quite confident it is Pattern number 752000 - 015 (prob 752010 from the colour, but I do not have the full book to verify if another colour may be a better match) from http://www.hollandandsherry.com/coll...003/hs319.html
    From my own experience, I know how easy it is to "stock" cloth. Any one interested in doing a trade/exchange. Thanks -

2. Roger

Roger Senior member

Oscar, are you saying that you have 4 yards of H&S Viceroy flannel, pattern no. 752010 (you suspect), and that your only uncertainty is about the color code? That range (752000 - 752015) is a mid-weight worsted flannel. I purchased two numbers from the range--752002 (mid/light-gray) and 752014 (mid brown)--which have been used in trousers. It appears that yours is a light olive color, but correct me if I have that wrong. Could you post pictures of your cloth?

Rather than a swap, I might be interested in purchasing 1.5 yds. of this (for trousers) if the color is right and you'd be interested. Really, I'd like to pick up some of the 752100- series, which are woollen flannels, rather than worsted--but also from the Viceroy book. Do you have any of that?

3. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Depending on the color, I have this which I would consider trading:

[​IMG]
    80% worsted wool, 20% silk. Beige/black/blue. 5.4 yards. 9 oz.

I'd also consider a trade for other material.

4. Roger

Roger Senior member

Jeez, Jamison, what a great glen check. I like the version with the blue windowpane, like this, the best. I imagine the silk content gives it a little shimmer that would be missing without it. What mill is it from? What's the yarn number?

5. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Some mystery English mill (presumably in Huddersfield). I bought it from ebay seller how6955. It's pretty nice stuff, but not as silky as I'd expected. I wouldn't guess it was a blend if I didn't know from the seller. I like a blue windowpane as well, but this was too subtle for me.

6. oscarthewild

It is like a camel/tan colour. I would prefer not to cut it.

I have some old english fabric that I will search through and photograph.

-

7. oscarthewild

The new link to the viceroy flannels is
    http://www.hollandandsherry.com/page...y_flannels.htm

Anyone interested in a swap? If not I will offer for sale. I have taken photographs but it is hard to capture the colour correctly. Will try in the sunlight over the weekend.

8. Roger

Roger Senior member

Oscar, I'd still be interested. Is it, in fact, the sort of camel/olive shade in the picture for 752010 you've provided? I have nothing to swap, but would be interested in buying a cutting (1.5 m.) if you can go that route.

9. oscarthewild

Oscar, I'd still be interested. Is it, in fact, the sort of camel/olive shade in the picture for 752010 you've provided? I have nothing to swap, but would be interested in buying a cutting (1.5 m.) if you can go that route.

I would prefer not to have to cut it. Got a PM regarding a trade. Let me find out more details and I shall keep you apprised.
    -

10. 70maiden

70maiden Active Member

Some mystery English mill (presumably in Huddersfield). I bought it from ebay seller how6955. It's pretty nice stuff, but not as silky as I'd expected. I wouldn't guess it was a blend if I didn't know from the seller. I like a blue windowpane as well, but this was too subtle for me.
    I received some unwanted blends from this seller... http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=238918