• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

blekit

Reaction score
From a couple of days ago.
full_01_edited.png

details_01_edited.png

shoes_02_edited.png

* Suitsupply
* Tyrwhitt
* tie from Embassy of Elegance
* ps from Poszetka
* Benevento pants
* Vass

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wanted to really cut through the noise and into the core of fashion today, so I shot these pics in RAW. Turns out that just made the file bigger.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Eidos-Vanda-Alden_full_jcmeyer.jpg

Eidos-Vanda-Alden_mid_jcmeyer.jpg

Eidos-Vanda-Alden_sitting_jcmeyer.jpg

Eidos-Vanda-Alden_top_jcmeyer.jpg

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@jdp234

Surely the tailoring is nice minus the sleeve issue which @Michael81 already raised (Steed I presume by the signature cut). But I'm not so sure about the silhouette. Something just seems off.

Forced to single out a culprit, it would be the shoulders. I'm all for extended, built up shoulders but I thinks this one's a bridge too far. It looks slightly cartoonish and throws the rest of the coat off balance. Almost seems like the coat is wearing you and not the other way around.

You should have Steed take another look at your pattern for future commissions.

Alan Bee

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Canadian weather thinks it’s winter... in a couple days it will be summer. Idek.

View attachment 1254546

View attachment 1254547

View attachment 1254548

@induere_to

You're a very slim guy, I get that. But IMHO slightly 'Fuller Cut" trousers will take this tweed suit from excellent (which it is) to beyond exceptional.

Very narrow trousers don't do that tweed any justice. Tweed is the ultimate drape cloth and needs volume (especially in the trousers) to shine .....

Alan Bee

jdp234

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@jdp234

Surely the tailoring is nice minus the sleeve issue which @Michael81 already raised (Steed I presume by the signature cut). But I'm not so sure about the silhouette. Something just seems off.

Forced to single out a culprit, it would be the shoulders. I'm all for extended, built up shoulders but I thinks this one's a bridge too far. It looks slightly cartoonish and throws the rest of the coat off balance. Almost seems like the coat is wearing you and not the other way around.

You should have Steed take another look at your pattern for future commissions.

Alan Bee

No love for the full cut pents??

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No love for the full cut pents??

Pants are draping perfectly. The silhouette issue arises from the coat.

I have a simple rule for proper silhouette. The eye should move down in a straight line from the edge of the shoulder to the trouser cuff. In other words, your silhouette should be approximately even from the shoulders flowing down to the bottom for a seamless top-to-bottom transition.

With this suit, despite the very full cut of the trousers, your shoulders are miles away (too wide, too built up) from the rest of your body. And then the cinched waist accentuates this even further. I think Steed has been overzealous in trying to "force" a V-Shape out of this one without consideration for your own proportions.

Alan Bee

Last edited:

blekit

Reaction score
Blekit are we back to skinny coats?? I thought we'd firmly crossed this bridge judging by your more recent fits .....
Alan Bee
You can sleep safe Alan, we are most definitely are not. I am putting a lot of attention to this in my ongoing and future commissions. However, I am not going to replace the entire wardrobe at once. Especially that some of my older RTW pieces fit well enough I feel goo to put them on - this jacket included. In the next few days I'll post a fit that will hopefully get your approval :)

PS. I must admit I was also hoping I'll get some love for the pants though. I think they are on the fuller side of what I post here most of the time :)

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally, the threat (or actuality) of rain has relented in the NYC metro area, and suits can now be worn without fear of incurring undue debt at one's dry cleaner.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Waistcoat - Ede & Ravenscroft
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Corneliani
Cufflinks - Benson & Clegg, London
Braces - Paul Stuart
Pocket square - Ashear
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand
Hat - Fortnum & Mason

IMG_0636.JPG

IMG_0630.JPG
IMG_0632.JPG
IMG_0633.JPG
IMG_0634.JPG
IMG_0635.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads