• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While @macjedi means business, I chose an unusual tie for an unusual suit just for fun. A shame that I still can't quite get the light to make the colors pop. IMG_2970.JPG IMG_2984.JPG

Last edited:

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After a certain while, navy blue and grey suits feel boring. At that moment, it's time to widen the palette.

Here: an emerald green 3-piece flannel suit with a blue tab collar shirt, polka dot hank, repp stripe tie, elastic oxfords.

Attachments

• Suitsupply_made_to_order_suit_at_Keikari_dot_com.JPG
    Suitsupply_made_to_order_suit_at_Keikari_dot_com.JPG
    309.8 KB · Views: 85
  • Suitsupply_made_to_order_suit_at_Keikari_dot_com2.JPG
    Suitsupply_made_to_order_suit_at_Keikari_dot_com2.JPG
    307.7 KB · Views: 85
  • Suitsupply_made_to_order_suit_at_Keikari_dot_com3.JPG
    Suitsupply_made_to_order_suit_at_Keikari_dot_com3.JPG
    295 KB · Views: 75
  • Suitsupply_made_to_order_suit_at_Keikari_dot_com4.JPG
    Suitsupply_made_to_order_suit_at_Keikari_dot_com4.JPG
    276.2 KB · Views: 82
  • Suitsupply_made_to_order_suit_at_Keikari_dot_com5.JPG
    Suitsupply_made_to_order_suit_at_Keikari_dot_com5.JPG
    317.7 KB · Views: 89

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which Kimber square is this? Also @gshen any chance of reproducing this tie/something along its lines?

Good question and the answer is... none of them. I have more than a hundred squares and I gave up the idea of organising them in some smart way a long time ago. Instead I keep them in a large sack that I just rummage through until I find something I think fits. I have several Kimber squares in his City series and I just assumed this was one of them. But now when I checked I realised that this is smaller and slightly different. I think it comes from Exquisite Trimmings. It’s the right square in the picture compared with one of the Kimber squares.

D3F0F4E0-3A46-4E19-B943-DCC598425F36.jpeg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Punctuating the end of this week (and flying in the face of superstition, this being Friday the 13th), a drop in temperatures has made suit wearing a pleasure rather than a chore. After yesterday's attire, casual and set to be rained upon, to today's, which perhaps I should have saved for next Friday, in anticipation of "Downton Abbey", the movie, since I look a bit like an uncredited extra from that cinematic work, but, no matter - here it is.

Suit - New & Lingwood, London
Shirt - Brooks Brothers MTM
Tie - Paul Stuart
Braces - New & Lingwood
Cufflinks - Thomas Pink
Pocket square - Brooks Brothers
Boots - Paul Stuart house brand

IMG_0390.JPG

IMG_0385.JPG
IMG_0386.JPG
IMG_0387.JPG
IMG_0389.JPG

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Attachments

• Schermata 2019-09-13 alle 12.41.09.png
    Schermata 2019-09-13 alle 12.41.09.png
    398.2 KB · Views: 82

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads