• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I just tried raising my hands above my head. Felt some binding in the back, but not too much. What should I look for when doing this? I think the suit feels quite comfortable when moving around.
Also here is a picture of the back View attachment 1204823
From behind the jacket looks great. It has a good slim silhouette which I think is what you want. If it follows the body nicely then I would probably leave it as is. Joacim actually has a point, the pants is on the tighter side around your calves, if you want a little more classic look (still very slim but...) it could benefit from being a bit let out. Maybe a centimeter or so...

johawiks

Reaction score
Lengthen the sleeves as mentioned as well as the pants. The jacket is great in the waist, it should fit like a sweater. Personally I would let the trousers out a bit throughout to get a better drape, but that's a personal choice of course.

From behind the jacket looks great. It has a good slim silhouette which I think is what you want. If it follows the body nicely then I would probably leave it as is. Joacim actually has a point, the pants is on the tighter side around your calves, if you want a little more classic look (still very slim but...) it could benefit from being a bit let out. Maybe a centimeter or so...

Thanks for the advice, I will have the sleeves and pants lengthened. I agree that letting the pants out a bit is probably the way to go because they feel a bit tight around the calves especially when sitting down.

themanfromLisbon

Reaction score
Thank you! For those who go back with me on this forum a bit (AAS comes to mind) I've always gravitated towards subdued colors, patterns, e.t.c... less to go wrong and since I primarily dress for work where Im one of the more dressed up guys, usually, then I tend to stick with harmonious colors that dont stick out.. occasionally, I'll rock the colorful tie here and there but for the most part I stick to what Im comfortable with.. and as for the compliment about youth, I thank you! I'll be in my 40's in the next couple weeks, so Im not that young, lol

Yes, I’m must say you look a bit younger, though I think a man in his thirties is in his prime. And I understand your options. Sometimes, one’s
use of a more daring colour may catches the eye for the detail rather for the ensemble.

Cheers

Vic

jdp234

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
944137E7-BBE0-4656-8587-126DAE7DD35C.jpeg

4E4B0D93-4F7F-43F9-A5DC-60599AC4250D.jpeg

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, I will have the sleeves and pants lengthened. I agree that letting the pants out a bit is probably the way to go because they feel a bit tight around the calves especially when sitting down.
The suit will come out perfect, looking forward to the end result

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
461a-passaggio01.jpg
461b.jpg
461c.jpg
461d.jpg

Suit: Borrelli
Shirt: Bespoke (Götrich1730)
Tie: Passaggio Cravatte
PS: Poszetka
Shoes: EG

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The former Brooks Brothers store on the corner of Little Santa Monica Blvd and Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills is now a Louis Vuitton pop-up exhibit called "Louis Vuitton X".

IMG_1879.jpeg

Went there today on the way to lunch.

IMG_1864.jpeg

Brooks Brothers Madras jacket, blue PPBD shirt, and (TV folded) Brooks Brothers Tartan pocket square, Ben Silver Churchill Dot tie, Leatherman blue and tan surcingle belt, Orvis trousers, and tan suede Allen-Edmonds shoes.

The thing in my lapel button hole is the little enamel stick pin they give you at the end of the exhibit.

IMG_1869.jpeg

For fans of "Piece-Of-A-Person" pictures, a piece of a person (with a blackened chicken sandwich) picture.

IMG_1872.jpeg

For fans of total fail mirror selfie at Louis Vuitton exhibits pictures, a good example of why I seldom take (and even less seldom post) mirror selfies.

IMG_1853.jpeg

For fans of totally random things seen at Louis Vuitton exhibit pictures, a Louis Vuitton punching bag picture.

IMG_1854.jpeg

Wonder if they sell many of them?

The exhibit was entirely LV and (total bummer) no MH.

dluce76

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads