• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

IEG

Reaction score

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
¡Hola!

58FC9E47-8EC1-44CA-9BD1-E98012AB6B08.jpeg

75F209C2-A53A-4668-8FA5-AD1F01F63539.jpeg

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, though he does smile eventually in the clip below, @Roycru reminds me of one one of my favorite characters from commercials of old...a solitary symbol of civility in a world turned upside down.

Yes, the world has been turned upside down. Those looking for proof need look no further than this book I saw today in the tie display at the Getty Center store. Once upon a time all boys knew how to tie their ties without needing a book to tell them how to do it.

P1140394.jpeg

While on the subjects of the Getty Center and neckties, at the Getty Center this morning showing although (as my vertebrae continue to deteriorate and I am now shorter than 5' 7") I can still get my tie to end in the right place.

P1140362.jpeg

Brooks Brothers Madras jacket and blue PPBD shirt, J Press tie, Leatherman blue and tan surcingle belt, Orvis trousers, and Allen-Edmonds tan suede shoes. For watch fans, my pocket watch chain shows in this picture. My watch is in the watch pocket in my trousers.

For fans of "Piece-Of-A-Person" pictures, a piece of a person (with a cranberry scone in the Getty Center Cafe) picture.

P1140367.jpeg

Yes, still haven't gotten my glasses tightened.

For those who need more proof about the world being turned upside down, a picture a friend of mine who is in London took of one of the display windows at New & Lingwood.

62608642_10219351955807996_8526175072346439680_n.jpg

While on the subject of the world turned upside down, the song "The World Turned Upside Down" is what some say was the song played by a British Army band when Cornwallis surrendered at Yorktown.

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’d change the shirt (definitely the shirt), belt (just lose the belt altogether), socks, and shoes. Out of place with the rest of it and surely not formal enough for a formal appointment. And the shirt with the wide and thick light blue stripes yet with a cutaway collar (and are those French cuffs?) seems inherently contradictory.

Reactions: psb

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather remains unsettled, warm, humid, with threat of rain today in NYC, but as I have an event to attend this evening at the Morgan Library, I will brave the elements (and the MTA) in a suit.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Chester Barrie, via Austin Reed, London
Tie & braces - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis
Pocket square - Harvie & Hudson
Shoes - Stefano Branchini, via Bergdorf Goodman

IMG_0110.JPG

IMG_0106.JPG
IMG_0107.JPG
IMG_0108.JPG
IMG_0109.JPG

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CanaliCharvet-01.jpg
CanaliCharvet-02.jpg
CanaliCharvet-03.jpg
CanaliCharvet-04.jpg

Brown, yellow and green.

Jacket: Canali
Shirt: Shirtonomy
Tie: Charvet
PS: Calabrese
Pants: Brioni
Shoes: Lobb

induere_to

Reaction score
Pitti Uomo Day 3. Picture taken by a god. Too bad the rest of the look wasn't captured. Cream linen trousers because they're the most versatile summer trouser a human being could possibly own.

IMG_4676.JPG

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, the world has been turned upside down. Those looking for proof need look no further than this book I saw today in the tie display at the Getty Center store. Once upon a time all boys knew how to tie their ties without needing a book to tell them how to do it.

View attachment 1194187

While on the subjects of the Getty Center and neckties, at the Getty Center this morning showing although (as my vertebrae continue to deteriorate and I am now shorter than 5' 7") I can still get my tie to end in the right place.

View attachment 1194188

Brooks Brothers Madras jacket and blue PPBD shirt, J Press tie, Leatherman blue and tan surcingle belt, Orvis trousers, and Allen-Edmonds tan suede shoes. For watch fans, my pocket watch chain shows in this picture. My watch is in the watch pocket in my trousers.

For fans of "Piece-Of-A-Person" pictures, a piece of a person (with a cranberry scone in the Getty Center Cafe) picture.

View attachment 1194191

Yes, still haven't gotten my glasses tightened.

For those who need more proof about the world being turned upside down, a picture a friend of mine who is in London took of one of the display windows at New & Lingwood.

View attachment 1194192

While on the subject of the world turned upside down, the song "The World Turned Upside Down" is what some say was the song played by a British Army band when Cornwallis surrendered at Yorktown.
Further evidence was your fairly recent pic posted of a fellow on Rodeo Drive (I believe it was) panhandling for cash to buy "Hookers and Coke". Which was about the same time I started associating you with who I refer to as, "the Colt45 man".

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads