• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JettStyle

Reaction score
DSC_1273 (2).JPG

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm legit surprised that my first try at an indochino suit* fits ok. this was straight from the mail (wrinkles and all). should be all sorted out after next alterations.

*I wanted to try an inexpensive MTM suit because I gained a lot of weight this year (dad recently died/tons of traveling to get my parents house in order/family drama/work/etc). My weight can wildly fluctuate so I figured if this indochino suit thing works out I can have a "fat clothes/thin clothes" wardrobe ready quickly.
IMG_7953-1.jpg

suitntieguy

Reaction score
I'm legit surprised that my first try at an indochino suit* fits ok. this was straight from the mail (wrinkles and all). should be all sorted out after next alterations.

*I wanted to try an inexpensive MTM suit because I gained a lot of weight this year (dad recently died/tons of traveling to get my parents house in order/family drama/work/etc). My weight can wildly fluctuate so I figured if this indochino suit thing works out I can have a "fat clothes/thin clothes" wardrobe ready quickly. View attachment 1016578
Don’t. I’m much bigger than you but from my experience, knowing that I have clothes to fit into is a crutch. This last time around I didn’t and as the suits got tighter the carbs went away. I had no choice. Sorry to hear about your loss and stressors. That’s rough. Maybe find another outlet?

blekit

Reaction score
@An Acute Style - I really like the first and the last outfit . The second is to wild for me and in the third the tie seems to blend with the shirt too much.

I was doing some renovation work for the last two weeks and my wardrobe was sealed almost all the time. Finally it comes to an end and I get to wear something tailored again :)
tumblr_pd8fvlEPQq1wo50r1o2_1280.jpg

20180810_075038.jpg

20180810_075306.jpg

* jacket from Andells Atelier
* Suitsupply shirt
* tie and ps from Poszetka
* Benevento pants
* Vass shoes

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather, though still quite warm in NYC, has dried out a bit, and a friend is having a party in her temporary digs at a luxury hotel suite in midtown, so I've allowed style to overrule practicality in today's attire. I hope that it will be worth it.

Jacket and bow tie - Paul Stuart
Shirt & trousers - Brooks Brothers
Pocket square - Alain Figaret
Shoes - Carmina
Hat - Seifter Associates

IMG_8301.JPG

IMG_8296.JPG
IMG_8297.JPG
IMG_8298.JPG
IMG_8299.JPG
IMG_8300.JPG

coldsalmon

Reaction score
The tie pattern itself is bold enough that it is beyond critique in itself. I myself like joyful clothing, so I like the tie in a basic sense. There are a few questions that arise when you actually wear it:

1. Is the context appropriate? It looks like you're in an office cubicle, so the answer is uncertain.

2. Does it work with the rest of the outfit? I say no. The rest of the fit looks way too conservative. However, I can't really tell because of the poor lighting.

3. Is the tie well constructed, or does it look like cheap garbage? It looks like this is a Battistoni tie, so it's probably good.

I would say, try the tie again with a more suitable fit, and in better lighting. But, I am not an authority.

Edit: here are a couple of my Battistoni ties, from Century 21:

https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...arting-may-2014.394373/page-3757#post-9380843

https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...arting-may-2014.394373/page-3753#post-9376176

Last edited:

induere_to

Reaction score
Toronto had it’s Rosé Picnic yesterday, which featured runway shows from several local designers. One of which was my good friend, whom I’ve styled editorial shoots and runways shows for for almost two years. So here’s a shot of me BTS at my second job, with some of the looks I put together:

04C8229F-9002-4D36-8E8F-B0AD335BD22D.png

Chawk806

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

*I wanted to try an inexpensive MTM suit because I gained a lot of weight this year (dad recently died/tons of traveling to get my parents house in order/family drama/work/etc). My weight can wildly fluctuate so I figured if this indochino suit thing works out I can have a "fat clothes/thin clothes" wardrobe ready quickly. View attachment 1016578

Just for the record man you are not fat at all. Maybe bigger than you want to be but not considered fat by any standard.....:)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads