• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the colour and you can pull it off. Also like how you match ring and tie. I actually wore purple pants today but slowly realised that I look like The Joker...

There was quite a bit of navy blue in today's attire - trousers, tie, cufflinks and ring (cufflinks and ring both in lapis lazuli).

Reaction score
Gents. Just back from a cruise around Scandinavia and Baltic Europe.

The cruise line, like others I expect, is not the formal experience that it once was.

We had just two ‘formal’ evenings in twelve, when the suggested dress was suits and ties for the gentlemen or black tie.

I wore black tie on both formal nights, varying my Berwin & Berwin suit with a change of shirt, bow, cufflinks, pocket square and socks.

View attachment 996956

Good for you for dressing formally regardless. Wish more people would dress up properly on cruises. You look great!

Epicure

Reaction score

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, Andy. The same could be said for your latest jacket - a bold statement if there ever were one. You rock, you rule.
Thank you, sir!

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good for you for dressing formally regardless. Wish more people would dress up properly on cruises. You look great!
Thank you. The first formal evening many men and all women made an ‘effort’. Come the second one it was as if they felt that they (the men especially) had already done their ‘duty’ and the overall effect in the Dining Room was far less attractive. Many did not come to dinner preferring, I assumed, to dine in one of the casual areas.

Throughout the cruise on all nights I saw well dressed ladies accompanied by very slovenly men!

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thursday, and the weather is predicted to be mild enough for me to dare to try out some of the newest swag (courtesy of end-of-season sales) - new suit, tie and shoes.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Charvet
Braces - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Penhaligon's
Pocket square - Polo Ralph Lauren
Shoes - Crockett & Jones

IMG_8238.JPG

IMG_8234.JPG
IMG_8235.JPG
IMG_8236.JPG
IMG_8237.JPG

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Long time no post!
Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 1.51.10 PM.png

No name jacket
Avon Celli shirt
Simmonot Godard pocket square
Brioni belt
Epaulet (Hertling) pants
Gaziano & Girling shoes

coldsalmon

Reaction score
@coldsalmon
The shirt collars are too short. But who cares, just nitpicking.
Thanks for the feedback - I will keep that in mind for future shirts. This one is T.M. Lewin. Now that you mention it, I can see the difference in other SFers' collars. Thanks for improving my eye!
I know, I am using a haphazard fold. I have lately decided to actually use my handkerchief, mostly to wipe my daughter's face and hands when we are out. I just stuff it back into the breast pocket afterwards. I like that it looks functional and not merely ornamental. Here is an even more offensive example:
IMG_20180627_180649.jpg

Perhaps I should just go with the random stuff and forego folding altogether, as in the above photo. I suppose the problem arises between a stuff and a fold.
Edit: updated PS non-fold today.
IMG_20180712_174617.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads