• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

muddy250

Reaction score
If this isn't a suit, I think the jacket and pants are too close in color. Lovely top half anyway.

Thanks for the comment. Not a suit and I agree they are very close.
I was hoping the herringbone/flannel contrast would differentiate things enough. Doesn’t look that close in the flesh but I could use a darker, more textured grey tweed. I have swatches

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WIWLM (What I wore last May). Forgot to post this one at the time but it's getting to be the right weather to wear it again so I'm sure I'll recreate it soon. Trousers need a little work but really like this light(er)weight oatmeal flannel. Goes with just about everything.

05-mid-open-sf.jpg

02-full-sf.jpg

04-shoes-sf.jpg

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

colco

Reaction score
The shoulders on your jacket aren't very flattering. You need a lot more structure. Maybe length on the jacket too.

WIWLM (What I wore last May). Forgot to post this one at the time but it's getting to be the right weather to wear it again so I'm sure I'll recreate it soon. Trousers need a little work but really like this light(er)weight oatmeal flannel. Goes with just about everything.

View attachment 862730

View attachment 862722

View attachment 862726

Maximus Rex

Reaction score
Save your two pennies and buy a silly pocket square ;). Kidding, I know I’m the minority here. Personally, I’ve never seen a square-less fit that I felt could’ve been improved with a square. On the other hand, I’ve seen plenty of fits with a poor choice of square that have completely killed the otherwise good look. I just don’t feel like they’re necessary and although I keep trying (about done), I just don’t really like wearing them. I see them as equals to lapel chains or 5 beaded Italian bracelets on a wrist...flare. Different strokes and all that...

I did wear one today though...just for you :)

View attachment 861555

@Murlsquirl Nice square--maker?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads