• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SprezzaTrash

Reaction score
more work stuff
v9dYox7.jpg

JGqTlCr.jpg

jt8a2jU.jpg

Wish DB's were still made like this, with wide horizontal lapels, wide button stance, and the belt back. Going to drop this off at the tailor to get the sleeves lengthened and we'll be good to go.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
IMG_3068.JPG

Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World

SFF:
Spier and Mackay (shirt)

NycLondon

Reaction score
Overcast, cool and grey today in NYC - perfect day to go monochrome, with a new tie from Charvet - the least colorful Charvet tie in existence, I suspect.

Suit - BBGF
Shirt - BB
Tie - Charvet
Cufflinks - Metropolitan Museum of Art
Shoes - Septieme Largeur, Paris

[/SPOILER]
perfect

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I've always loved your shots with books, and this one in particular as I just finished rereading the Wind-Up Bird Chronicle for the third time today.

WUBC is easily my favorite of his books. I read it first in college, maybe 2007, but I don't remember too much as I smoked quite a lot in those days. Enough so reading it the second time was almost like reading it for the first time.

Second time I read it was in Osaka in 2009, where I got stranded for a couple of days without access to much funds (though I had enough to see me through without worry). It was pretty much a perfect experience. I also probably listened to Air's "Alone in Kyoto" because that seems about what I'd do back then. Probably now, too.

Third time I read it was last year at Anaheim for the 2016 AOM conference. I stumbled across a receipt from the ramen house near the hotel I'd been staying in in 2009, which, combined with Murakami, made me pretty nostalgic.

I took Pinball 1973, Hear the Wind Sing, and HBW&TEOTW this year, but had much less time to read.

---

I like the different depths of field the books add, and they provide a splash of color outside whatever I'm wearing. Plus it occasionally provides me the opportunity to talk about books I like!!

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Mr. Six great ensemble but especially brilliant shoes--did you add some Fukuda to your collection?

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
more work stuff

Wish DB's were still made like this, with wide horizontal lapels, wide button stance, and the belt back. Going to drop this off at the tailor to get the sleeves lengthened and we'll be good to go.

Nice fit, cool background too. Where is that?

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@heldentenor Thanks and I wish! Those are Vass on F that I've had for awhile. They're pretty sleek but any Fukudian hints are camera angle flimflammery.

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today we have on a black on cream base micro houndstooth (or Shepherds check) suit. Fabric is Smith Woolens from its Botany bunch. It weights in at 13oz and wears and drapes like a 13oz cloth. The suit is yet to be broken in properly so fabric is still quite stiff but I like the feeling of substance it conveys.

I've gone with a slight roomier cut in a classic 6x2 double breasted configuration. The compromise is the suit doesn't follow the small of the back (S-shape) like my previous coats due to the roomier waist. Fair compromise for more comfort and ease of movement I suppose.

Enjoy the clip ...

Alan Bee
Visit Youtube "OkeyBespoke"

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today we have on a black on cream base micro houndstooth (or Shepherds check) suit. Fabric is Smith Woolens from its Botany bunch. It weights in at 13oz and wears and drapes like a 13oz cloth. The suit is yet to be broken in properly so fabric is still quite stiff but I like the feeling of substance it conveys.

I've gone with a slight roomier cut in a classic 6x2 double breasted configuration. The compromise is the suit doesn't follow the small of the back (S-shape) like my previous coats due to the roomier waist. Fair compromise for more comfort and ease of movement I suppose.

Enjoy the clip ...

Alan Bee
Visit Youtube "OkeyBespoke"

Why do you enter, leave, then enter again, and leave again?

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do you enter, leave, then enter again, and leave again?
Hi Wiggler,

Because they are two separate videos. First to show the garment, the second for commentary. And I like to use two separate soundtracks.

Thank you.

Alan

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads