• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To check out the veiled Christ statue
smile.gif

Ah yes, absolutely stunning.

IW-Giuseppe-Sanmartino-Cristo-Velato-02.jpg

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not feeling it, bro. I love a dotted knit with a box check, and the colors are close (that tie is inspired with that jacket), with the slight exception of the shirt, which is the right hue but too saturated, and the shoes, which are a hair dark – are they black, or merely a very dark brown? Because of your low-contrast complexion, you can wear lower contrast fits like this pretty well, but they're tricky. You were wise to do a darker tie, but I feel like the shirt is not quite differentiated enough from the jacket.

I'm afraid the fit on that jacket through the chest is not so hot. The fold in the second picture is deadly, and that might be what's causing the gap around the shirt collar – or it might be that the collar itself is a bit underfed and underspread. Also I hate it when collar points curl under like that. Your jacket fit is generally pretty nailed down, so this is a bit out of step for you. That said, though it's hard to say on a light rumpled material without a crease, the amount of taper on those trousers seems just right for you.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@EliodA
Looks great!

Back to pizza, all I saying is that regardless of what it's called there are some pizzas that are difficult to pick up with your hands and require a knife and fork to eat and are tasty. This is undeniable. I am also sure that is Tibor could have eaten his pizza with his hands he would have so leave him alone.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not feeling it, bro. I love a dotted knit with a box check, and the colors are close (that tie is inspired with that jacket), with the slight exception of the shirt, which is the right hue but too saturated, and the shoes, which are a hair dark – are they black, or merely a very dark brown? Because of your low-contrast complexion, you can wear lower contrast fits like this pretty well, but they're tricky. You were wise to do a darker tie, but I feel like the shirt is not quite differentiated enough from the jacket.

I'm afraid the fit on that jacket through the chest is not so hot. The fold in the second picture is deadly, and that might be what's causing the gap around the shirt collar – or it might be that the collar itself is a bit underfed and underspread. Also I hate it when collar points curl under like that. Your jacket fit is generally pretty nailed down, so this is a bit out of step for you. That said, though it's hard to say on a light rumpled material without a crease, the amount of taper on those trousers seems just right for you.
Thanks! This is great feedback. I'll have to try this jacket again in the future with a different shirt and see what you guys think. Thanks for the color/pattern comments. I think I'm starting to get a grip on how that stuff works now. And you are right about the collar on that shirt. It's a point, which I usually don't wear, and it kills me that the points curl under like that. I've tried different stays, but nothing really works. Might have to give it up.

bebop d

Alpha-M
Reaction score
K-T to be frank, you have above average width hips. This is accentuated by many of your jackets. Standing naturally as in this photo it's clear the lowest button would not close. The quarters of your jackets should hang straight down from the top (or middle button) to the lower button. Otherwise the triangular gap created will make you look wider than perhaps you are. If there's material available I would suggest you add room in the hips.

Egdon Heath

Reaction score

I wonder if there'd be any point to lengthening a jacket like JC's by 1/2". Would the jacket still be well proportioned and if so, would the tailoring be worth it? I ask with a couple of my own jackets in mind.

Won't work. You can't lengthen jackets. Even tho there's an inch or more fabric turned under, there's close to none at the cut-away, less than 3/8ths. (YRR92, Bill is addressing jcmeyer, not DonCologne. I think.)

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wish I could buy some Kamkura shirts.. I love the collars... but they dont make them long enough for my 38.6 inch sleeve length arms :plain: ... its all good.. Ill just live vicariously through you guy's fits..

Same here. :plain:

But as has already been said, general consensus is that Kamakura is good for the money; and I really liked them whenever I saw them on others.

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@EliodA
Looks great!

Back to pizza, all I saying is that regardless of what it's called there are some pizzas that are difficult to pick up with your hands and require a knife and fork to eat and are tasty. This is undeniable. I am also sure that is Tibor could have eaten his pizza with his hands he would have so leave him alone.

Thank you for understanding. It is very common for customers at Isola to eat pizza with a knife and a fork because it is so messy to eat with your hands. If I could eat my pizza with my hands there I definitely would. The knife and the fork etiquette was taught to me by older people from Napoli. I am sure it is less common in Napoli today, as the world is a more casual place. I see more older Neopolitan's using cutlery, than younger ones, and I think using cutlery really depends on the pizza itself for practicality reasons. I think I will skip the pictures with the trousers and wait until the pizza storm has calmed down before posting more fits.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Pliny the tie is from Bardelli, Milano.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads